What kind of Snake?

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":177mvy9t said:
I wish the two snakes I ran into today while I was spraying blackberrys would have been "chicken" snakes. When I couldn't run them off and they kept coming back towards me, I was the chicken. Both black rat snakes.

dun
Further proof that all snakes need to be kilt dead.

rgv4":21vos5g3 said:
Caustic Burno":21vos5g3 said:
No such thing as a chicken snake, there are rat snakes, coach whips, black racers. No chicken snakes city folks.

That's funny that you say that, the only people that I have ever heard call them rat snakes are the city folks!

Everybody that I know of that was born and raised and/or still reside in the country call them chicken snakes.

Kinda like most country folks call them corch whips, not coach whips.
Black racers are just racers.

Just because you are ignorant of reptiles,amphibians, flora and fauna doesn't mean all country folk aren't educated. I hope you are better with cattle.

i guess this goes to prove that things are called by different names in different areas...

jt

Caustic Burno":8nz25bmk said:
Just because you are ignorant of reptiles,amphibians, flora and fauna doesn't mean all country folk aren't educated. I hope you are better with cattle.

I guess I will just send all these framed pieces of paper on my office wall back Texas A&M. Since according to you they just wasted my time and didn't teach me anything.

Oh, I might PM you later with my profit statement from this year on my cattle and let you be the judge how I am with cattle. Notice that I didn't say profit and loss statement.

9 ER":2a2yl3ix said:
Hey Caustic, you should write a book and call it:
I'm A Legend In My Own Mind and You're An Idiot
9ER. Beings you are a school teacher and all maybe you could write one on the same subject and give it to your students.

La,
If I believed everyone was an idiot and thought I knew everything then I would. If I was to write a book it would be titled
Hobby Ranching In Your Spare Time
A guide for newbe idiots

What would your book be about?

rgv4":1r9s28wh said:
Caustic Burno":1r9s28wh said:

I guess I will just send all these framed pieces of paper on my office wall back Texas A&M. Since according to you they just wasted my time and didn't teach me anything.

Oh, I might PM you later with my profit statement from this year on my cattle and let you be the judge how I am with cattle. Notice that I didn't say profit and loss statement.

Seen a lot of Rainbow degrees
If your profit statement doesn't have 5 zero's behind it I won't be impressed.

Caustic Burno":1we4dn3v said:

Glad to know then that I impressed you. Because my profit statement is in the 6 figures.

Caustic Burno":3bwc34qu said:
9 ER":3bwc34qu said:
Hey Caustic, you should write a book and call it:
I'm A Legend In My Own Mind and You're An Idiot

No my next book is on how to run large operations up to ten cows for city folks.

Are you the expert?

Caustic Bruno Wrote
No my next book is on how to run large operations up to ten cows for city folks.
Dang, that would be large. It would double what I got. Can I get an autographed copy?

rgv4":2jszmxhg said:
Caustic Burno":2jszmxhg said:

Glad to know then that I impressed you. Because my profit statement is in the 6 figures.

Oh your a millionare, WOW ain't that special, or you can't count .
100,000. has five zero's 1,000,000 has six.

Caustic Burno":3eshse8j said:
rgv4":3eshse8j said:
Caustic Burno":3eshse8j said:

You need to learn to read, I didn't say 6 zero's, I said 6 figures.

rgv4":3373ihes said:
Caustic Burno":3373ihes said:
rgv4":3373ihes said:
Caustic Burno":3373ihes said:

No you do, as I stated zero's in the orginal posted you quoted. Guess you were just trying to impress the city folks.

Nuff Said

9 ER":12phyvom said:
La,
If I believed everyone was an idiot and thought I knew everything then I would. If I was to write a book it would be titled
Hobby Ranching In Your Spare Time
A guide for newbe idiots
This sounds like a book that you would be qualified to write. Seems to me that you are an expert on the subject

Caustic Burno":1kyw2kd1 said:
rgv4":1kyw2kd1 said:
rgv4":1kyw2kd1 said:

No you do, as I stated zero's in the orginal posted you quoted. Guess you were just trying to impress the city folks.

Nuff Said

I said 6 figures, because there aren't any zeros, they are all the number 2 through number 9 digits and there are 6 of them. But let's not nick pick.

Yall - this is to funny! I just wanted to know what kind of snake we got here, and to tell you the truth I'm more confused then I thought :roll: I've always heard of chicken snakes and rat snakes and assumed they were different, but I guess not, I guess it depends on where you see them at. I was also under the assumption that a racer was smaller and more slinder then this snake..... I guess I'm wrong on that too..

Here is a close up of the head, it doesn't look as pointed as the racer pic...
head.jpg

Latest posts