What kind of bird is this?

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
So after about 2 hours of slogging around the fence line looking for a short, I finally realize the sound I'm hearing isn't the fence, but a bird making the sound an electric fence does when there is a short in it. Anyone have any idea what this kind of bird is?

MistyMorning":ufp92bng said:
So after about 2 hours of slogging around the fence line looking for a short, I finally realize the sound I'm hearing isn't the fence, but a bird making the sound an electric fence does when there is a short in it. Anyone have any idea what this kind of bird is?

This one of those new internet games?

DON'T SUPPOSE YOU GOT A PICTURE OF THIS NEW SPECIES DID YA?

3waycross":2dq0ttho said:
MistyMorning":2dq0ttho said:

Of course not, I was trying to keep myself from sinking into the muck. Thought I was a goner a few times.

What the he77 kind of internet games do you play anyhoo?

MistyMorning":3rparca4 said:
3waycross":3rparca4 said:
MistyMorning":3rparca4 said:

Of course not, I was trying to keep myself from sinking into the muck. Thought I was a goner a few times.

What the he77 kind of internet games do you play anyhoo?

Sounded a lot like GUESS THAT BIRD to me :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

BTW as scrawney as you are you better hope that bird ain't carniverous. He might just carry you back to the nest for the hatchlings! ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

3waycross":jp7rnzja said:
Sounded a lot like GUESS THAT BIRD to me :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

BTW as scrawney as you are you better hope that bird ain't carniverous. He might just carry you back to the nest for the hatchlings! ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

That bird is on my endangered species list.

I almost needed an airlift out!

I'm not as scrawny as I used to be, found myself a decent wormer! :D

It couldn't have been an Indigo Bunting or a Cerulean Warbler because they don't sound like an electric fence. I can name some more birds that don't sound like an electric fence if it'll help you out. :D

MistyMorning":3g5jq38w said:
Ha Ha. We had a Lil Parrot once that mimicked the microwave..........yours is a group of hungover Mockingbirds with one of em saying " Watch this guys."

MistyMorning":25bn37jc said:

I'm going to suggest a hearing test. Maybe counseling. :lol:

Probably a mugwump bird. Sits on the fence with his mug on one side and his wump on the other

Now that she said something about it, I heard a bird that sounded like, I don't know what for sure the sound was, but does anyone know what kind of bird it was? gs

I heard that same bird a couple days ago. I don't know what it sounded like, either.

We do have a mockingbird around here that seems to be able to make just about any sound he wants to. One of his latest specialties is a guinea--the sound they make when just roaming around the pasture--don't know where he must have learned it.

MistyMorning":7whq00a7 said:
Consider yourself blessed.....all I ever have is a constant ringing in my ears. :help:

MistyMorning":16knoept said:

That's a good one! Sounds like something my kids would say. Now get back out there and fix that fence!

ChrisB":2pcnmgor said:
MistyMorning":2pcnmgor said:

That's a good one! Sounds like something my kids would say. Now get back out there and fix that fence!

Crack me up!

BUT an update, I heard it again today. I was by the fencer and it was making the tic, tic, tic sound AND something else was doing it to, then it stopped and I saw a little brown bird. See, I'm not losing it. :nod:

cfpinz":28kpvrxy said:
Now let's see how good of a shot you are with that 22 Hornet!

I was hoping this thread would escape your ever vigilant eyeballs.

If I start barking off rounds from the 22, the cows are going to think the butcher is back!