Nick Saban is Retiring

Help Support CattleToday:

This Vol fan is glad to see him go! He is definitely the GOAT. I sure would hate to try to fill his shoes there. Now if we can just get Kirby Smart to go to the NFL we will be doin real good!

Last edited:
Lane Kippen or Kirby Smart if interested are shue ins to replace. I could see Dion Sanders, Urban Meyers, Butch Jones, Dabo Sweeny and Eli Drinkwitz among others. They better get it right as I remember the debacle before Saban.

I would not be to fast on the Lane Train. He did not leave Tuscaloosa under the best of circumstances and I am not sure he will mesh with the administration there.

They need their hometown boy Jeremy Pruitt as HC, to set them back a few years.

Last edited:
Kiffin was let go because he wouldn't breakdown film , scout , or prepare for games . This came from a former assistant on the staff at that time . Saban didn't put up with slackers . I figure he's on the hiring committee, so I would be shocked if kiffin got a sniff .

Kiffin was let go because he wouldn't breakdown film , scout , or prepare for games . This came from a former assistant on the staff at that time . Saban didn't put up with slackers . I figure he's on the hiring committee, so I would be shocked if kiffin got a sniff .
Don't forget the whole "Joey Freshwater" thing too.

Washington coach DeBoer is the new Bama coach. Hope he got a great buyout !
Do you mean Washington got a buyout? His buyout is/was $12 million. But you never want to be the guy that follows the Guy.

I am curious how many de-commits and portal guys will follow. I know of one de-commit so far.

Edit: I just saw that Fienbaum has said that Alabama will no longer get a "Saban Discount" when it comes to player NIL dollars.

Last edited: