The GOAT is gone...............

Help Support CattleToday:

I still got a$100 says he wouldn't be the GOAT had he spent his career with the Redskins or a similar organization. His defenses won him a lot more rings than his throwing arm. Dont get me wrong he is good but he was very fortunate in his career with coaching staff and organizations. JMO and I know plenty don't agree.

I still got a$100 says he wouldn't be the GOAT had he spent his career with the Redskins or a similar organization. His defenses won him a lot more rings than his throwing arm. Dont get me wrong he is good but he was very fortunate in his career with coaching staff and organizations. JMO and I know plenty don't agree.
I think that is called. "There, but for the grace of God go I."

Yeah I guess he's good. Just a measly 7 super bowl rings (2 different teams and staff) and 10 super bowl appearances along with holding the record for just about every stat that matters. Probably could of thrown any good quarterback in there and they'd done the same thing…….

Yeah I guess he's good. Just a measly 7 super bowl rings (2 different teams and staff) and 10 super bowl appearances along with holding the record for just about every stat that matters. Probably could of thrown any good quarterback in there and they'd done the same thing…….
Yes.

Nick Saban proves it year in and year out with different talent. Give Belichick a few more years if his heart stays in it and he will prove it to you. Patrick Mahomes is well on his way to catching a lot of those records if he stays healthy and with a good team and more young talent comes along every day. Can you honestly tell me he would hold those records playing for the bottom 30% of the teams in the league? Is he good yes top 5% ever to play no doubt but has he been lucky you bet your ass. Jordan, Gretsky, Earnhardt/ Petty those are undeniable GOATS IMO.

Yes.

Nick Saban proves it year in and year out with different talent. Give Belichick a few more years if his heart stays in it and he will prove it to you. Patrick Mahomes is well on his way to catching a lot of those records if he stays healthy and with a good team and more young talent comes along every day. Can you honestly tell me he would hold those records playing for the bottom 30% of the teams in the league? Is he good yes top 5% ever to play no doubt but has he been lucky you bet your ass. Jordan, Gretsky, Earnhardt/ Petty those are undeniable GOATS IMO.
Belichick is 67-78 in the regular season when Tom Brady was not his starting QB and 1-2 in the post-season. When Brady was his starting QB he 222-65 in the regular season and 30-11 in the post-season. Your probably right, it was definitely Belichick……

Belichick is 67-78 in the regular season when Tom Brady was not his starting QB and 1-2 in the post-season. When Brady was his starting QB he 222-65 in the regular season and 30-11 in the post-season. Your probably right, it was definitely Belichick……
Back up QBs and Cam Newton thats not really apples to apples.😂

He'a been a head coach since '91. He's worked with more than two starting quarterbacks. To suggest Brady didn't lift teams up and make them better than they would have been is just foolish. The difference he made at Tampa should be proof enough to anyone. From a losing season to winning the Super Bowl in one year.

No sir just saying Brady is not the only QB to turn a team around.

He has had a long and storied career no doubt. He has made the most of his opportunities so does that make him the GOAT, I don't know maybe. Pure talent, athletic ability and what he brought to the game of football and he gets lost in the shuffle pretty quick. Again just my opinion and I know a lot don't agree. For all those that think I am just a hater I despised Earhardt and Petty both but they made the sport, no fan of Tiger Woods but he is talent wise the best golfer there was. When you have names like Montana, Young, Staubach and Farve just to name a few I dont see where Brady made football and a straight up talent contest more than one can hang with him. One of the greats absolutely, the greatest not in my book.

I think you're hung up on athletic ability being the only factor. Thats not the only part of being a quarterback. Mental fortitude and maybe most importantly, leadership, is a huge part of being a successful QB. I don't think anyone would argue Brady was the most physically talented QB.

Well fella's, I'm from New England and all we know how to do is cheat at football.... O wait, Tampa Bay knows how too... O wait...

Now even a discussion. GOAT.

Well fella's, I'm from New England and all we know how to do is cheat at football.... O wait, Tampa Bay knows how too... O wait...

Now even a discussion. GOAT.
Not even. :). We have enjoyed such a ride in New England. I for one am very grateful. We were serious contenders for 20 years. Unbelievable.

Brady was part of a system, but going to 10 Super bowls in 22 years with 32 teams involved for a number of reasons, I don't see that replicated in the NFL. The guy made it look easy, had unreal health and probably the most important thing was his mental ability. A lot of QB s might be better than him at one thing, but not the total package. The guy is the Greatest of all time and not even close. He could play until 50 if he wanted. The Manning's were good, but by 38-39 their health was not NFL caliber.

Mahomes is in a good system with one of the best coaches and the guy will not make it to 44 playing in the NFL, nor go to 10 Superbowls.

Also Brady should get the player of the year at age 44.

Last edited: