What is your temp ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nicer here today then expected or they forecast... Got up to about 12 above- and the sun was out for awhile... North wind was only about 10 mph... Since my son and grandson were handy- we sorted off and corraled the older cows I want to haul to a bred sale on Wednesday- since the next couple days are really supposed to get cold...Predicting 20+ below for tomorrow night... :shock: :(

The geese finally have started moving through. For the past month we would occasionally get a flock going by. Starting last night there have been huge flocks heading south, a flock every hour or so.

Been in a "fog" for over 24 hours. ( :shock: :cowboy: :lol: ) Gotten 3/10ths of moisture out of it. Temp is 50F

After reading all of the above.. I'm not going to complain about 40's and rain. Yuck.... not a thing we appreciate in Texas! Two nights ago it was 18. Burrrr....

Woke up to -35c this morning, which is -30f . Great timing for the skid steer to conk out, it needs a new block heater. Isn't it always something.. :roll:

hillsdown":6riklsbc said:
Woke up to -35c this morning, which is -30f . Great timing for the skid steer to conk out, it needs a new block heater. Isn't it always something.. :roll:

.........and I was about to complain about 0 degrees and snowing. Yer one tuff cookie HD if you can take that year after year.

Well the good news about CT being down is you all missed my beotching and moaning about the darn weather, we made it to a low of -47 and Mr HD got to work in that record breaking -56 weather.. :???:

The cold snap finally snapped yesterday and we are sitting at 0 right now. The cattle and I were getting ready to jump ship or rather icberg.. :help:

hillsdown":2ni8c1ck said:
Well the good news about CT being down is you all missed my beotching and moaning about the darn weather, we made it to a low of -47 and Mr HD got to work in that record breaking -56 weather.. :???:

The cold snap finally snapped yesterday and we are sitting at 0 right now. The cattle and I were getting ready to jump ship or rather icberg.. :help:

What do those temps convert in Farenheit? WOWWWWWWW that's cold! :help:

3waycross":30woysdt said:
hillsdown":30woysdt said:

The cold snap finally snapped yesterday and we are sitting at 0 right now. The cattle and I were getting ready to jump ship or rather iceberg.. :help:

What do those temps convert in Farenheit? WOWWWWWWW that's cold! :help:

-56 is about -69 Fahrenheit

-47 is around - 54 Fahrenheit

We had a blizzard all night and a foot of snow, but now this afternoon the sun is out so hopefully the snow will go. I hate the Winter. Give me sunshine any day of the week.

ga. prime":a3qhsxx8 said:
I'm interested in knowing what kind of work you can do when it's 69 below zero.

The oil field doesn't shut down for anything when they are crazy busy and trying to get as many jobs completed before Christmas GA. Things run a little slower, but they still run. Hubby was supposed to be done last Monday but the cold weather threw a wrench into that idea and now he just hopes that they will shut it down next week. Me too, as I have a list as long as my arm for things he needs to help me with before the calf crop comes.

ga. prime":17cw4vze said:
Snowman springs to mind.....Wow 69 below and I thought our -3 today was cold that must sound like sunbathing weather to you.. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

hillsdown":1jreadqb said:
Me too, as I have a list as long as my arm for things he needs to help me with before the calf crop comes.
HD-perhaps that's why hubbie is staying away as long as he can :lol: :lol: .Would you prefer -35 or the heat we are having now which is around 35 at 10h30,it's gonna be a scorcher today??!!

hillsdown":34uv4foe said:
ga. prime":34uv4foe said:

The oil field doesn't shut down for anything when they are crazy busy and trying to get as many jobs completed before Christmas GA. Things run a little slower, but they still run. Hubby was supposed to be done last Monday but the cold weather threw a wrench into that idea and now he just hopes that they will shut it down next week. Me too, as Iwith have a list as long as my arm for things he needs to help me before the calf crop comes.

That man has been working in that kind of weather and there you are planning more work for him? :frowns:
I hope these job are in the house. Maybe they are since you keep diapered calves in the house. :roll:

(Just picking at you. I have no concept of running cattle or even living in that kind of weather. )

Plus 2 today , it has been nice lately.

Ryder, I do not put diapers on my calves .It was just a suggestion to Cfpinz if he ever has a calf in the house again so Mrs Cfpinz does not have to scrub down the washing machine again. Geesh you guys are a tough group sometimes. :roll:

The chores I have for Mr HD are ones that only he knows how to do like install a new block heater on the skid steer and help me fix a waterer. I really don`t make him do too much when he is on days off, just things that I can`t do by myself . Plus if I get too independent he will worry that he is not needed anymore.. :lol2: :p

Oldtimer":r9z0ergy said:
BUT-This is what winter crazy Canucks do for fun...
They're even more winter crazed than the Montanans that sit out on the ice all winter....For me- ice is for sticking in drinks while sitting in front of a warm woodstove at the favorite watering hole.... ;-) :drink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TAskQv ... r_embedded

That's frigging hilarious! I'll never make another Canadian joke again!

Latest posts