What is your temp ?

Help Support CattleToday:

if they stop here they wont be safe.because we boil just like yall do in the summer.

bigbull338":t0l2s30w said:
if they stop here they wont be safe.because we boil just like yall do in the summer.
:lol2:

Sun came out alittle while ago. Warmed up a couple degrees. Looks like it wants to get cloudy again and the wind picked up. Don't think their is much more chance of any precip for us.

Caustic Burno":fcex5f4b said:
backhoeboogie":fcex5f4b said:
26 this a.m. Not sure now but the wind has died down some. It was blowing like crazy. The snow didn't stick yesterday and it only came for a short bit. Some sleet too but not much.

Things are sure different now than what they are in July in "my little corner of Texas" :D

Our earliest snowfall on record was Dec. 11 2008 predicting snow tomorrow , thank goodnees for this global warming or we would freeze to death. They are predicting 22 for here. Grandson coming in tomorrow to go hunting with Pa Pa and I have a forty degree rule. If it is under forty degrees I don't need to be hunting this boy is the only one I would break this for.

CB, better to be huntin' with him than huntin for him. Them grandkids are all right.

It is snowing and blowing, snow drifts are 4 feet high already in places and that is with only 10 cm's of snow so far. It was interesting walking around the cattle through the drifts. I was going to give bedding but there is no point until the snow and wind dies down. Will have to do it tomorrow we are expecting a really cold few days starting Sunday highs of -25 ,lovely.

For all of you in Texas what are your homes like when you get the frigid cold weather ? Also do you take extra precautions with your cattle as they certainly would not be acclimated.

HD the cattle are fine.they have winter grass to eat.an they can get in the trees to block the wind.i think it finally climbed up to 37 or 38.its supposed tobe 21 in the morning.guess ill go ahead an go to the yearly bull sale.

I slipped em on the oats a while this morning even that it is really to wet and filled they hay rings with a little better hay than normal. Never really got to dropping any precipitation and the sun did shine a while before it went down. Temps were around 37 most of the day and have fallen to 32 now. Nothing really out of the ordinary so far but they seem to do alright for the short times it does turn bad. Last bad spell we had was in January of 2007. It was wet and sloppy like it is now and a winter storm blew thru icing everything up. Icicles form on them down here just like they do up north so they seem to be OK about it.

We have a 40% chance of snow for the next couple days- likely less than an inch- below zero temps and 10-20 mph winds creating 20 Below windchill--BUT nothing like the western part of the state that is under a winter storm warning :shock: ....

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST SUNDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ALONG THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN FRONT AND
CANADIAN BORDER THIS EVENING AND SPREAD SOUTHWARD OVER NORTH
CENTRAL AND CENTRAL MONTANA OVERNIGHT. PERIODS OF SNOW...POSSIBLY
MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY INTO
SATURDAY NIGHT. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE
POSSIBLE OVER THE PLAINS...WITH 12 TO 20 INCHES POSSIBLE IN THE
MOUNTAINS. IN ADDITION...NORTH WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS
TO 35 MPH WILL CAUSE WIND CHILLS AS LOW AS 25 DEGREES BELOW ZERO.
AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW WILL ALSO REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO LESS THAN
ONE QUARTER MILE AT TIMES...CREATING DANGEROUS TRAVEL
CONDITIONS WITH SLIPPERY ROADWAYS

I LUV Herefords- you better tuck them old hereford girls in good for a day or two... ;-)

We had a h@ll of a blizzard blow through last night , couldn't even get the tractors out to do chores. Thank goodness for the skid steer. Snow drifts were as high as the barn/shop roof. Hubby was home thankfully and we spent all day digging out so I could get chores down and cattle fed. Had only one drinker freeze up because of the bitter cold wind , the float froze . It was a lot of fun carrying two buckets of hot water from the house way out to the corral on foot ,through 5 foot snow drifts.. :roll: Needless to say I got plenty of exercise today.. :lol2:

Wen winter showed up here it showed up with a vengeance. Highways re opened around noon but the range and townships roads are completely blown in , where the h@ll is the grater ,I guess he will show up sometime next week.. :help: Thank goodness for 4wheel drive.

Wind has picked up again and what was cleared has now blown in again. It is supposed to be moving south ,so hang on my Montana and Dakota friends.. :tiphat:

Pics tomorrow hopefully.

We had a blizzard of our own last nite. Snowed around an inch. :D That's one too many for me! It's 26 and dropping right now. I hate winter. :x

MO_cows":pxvfglpr said:
Hillsdown, you win! That sounds awful and winter is just getting started.

MO what was really awful was when hubby took me into the village for a few groceries tonight and we took the township road.. :help: I had my eyes closed both ways.. :???:

Well, we didn't get any snow to speak of, just a little dust but Friday morning we had a frost that look like it had snowed. Yesterday afternoon the air and the aroma of hay curing. Was our first killing frost. A few of the water puddles had a skim of ice. 39 this morning.

4 degrees this morning and spitting snow.
I hate the cold, but love the snow ~ I get tired of looking at grey and brown.

34f this morning with a light rain-Glad I did my running around yesterday. I'm not a winter persion any more. :(
HD,I'd be moved out of there like last week! I cannot imagine putting up with those conditions. :shock: But at least it's water. :roll:

peg4x4":2d89g51l said:
34f this morning with a light rain-Glad I did my running around yesterday. I'm not a winter persion any more. :(
HD,I'd be moved out of there like last week! I cannot imagine putting up with those conditions. :shock: But at least it's water. :roll:

:nod: Just hope it doesn't blow away before it melts. :eek: With the luck we had last year that is what would happen to me. :p

Latest posts