What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew":dyfyujw1 said:
jedstivers":dyfyujw1 said:
cross_7":dyfyujw1 said:
how far are they coming in from ?
is that why they arrive so late ?
It's about 7 hours away in mid Alabama. usually they load at 8 or 9 at night and get here at daylight but this year to get the trucks and also to get calves in as fast as possable we are just taking them anytime. We have water in the pen and just leave them in it till daylight. If it was wet and raining we wouldnt be doing that.

Them good ole Montgomery, Al calves. :cowboy:
Yep, we're getting some good ones this year. Every load's been nice.

What's you final count going to be?

As for me I raked sudan hay.
8206762909_5ec17a899b_c.jpg

8207853992_d358efe459_c.jpg

Jed good to hear that the calves are getting better. I've started to notice a lot of folks are starting to figure this cow thing out. :cowboy:

Sim how did the hay turn out? How many cutting did you get?

It made 3.3 tons to the acres single cutting, not one of the normal ideal cuttings. Not as good as most years but alright, but it was still kind of wet so we will see how it gets.

Dont miss that anymore, cleaning out headers hand cranking them open. Or fires starting up inside them, dont miss use the module builder at all... Always had to use it starting out when I was 12 and no shade on our's I had to use an umbrella and a rope..lol 6 row picker was alright. I always enjoyed using the High Boy and spraying!

Isomade":1dvdloog said:
Started haying cows today.
406263916c93d28a730856bf19ae60da.jpg
Man your runnin fancy, I've been feeding with the JD 3010, and bout freezing to death!...Maybe I should demand better working conditions? :hide: :shock:

jedstivers":14fbheli said:
Thought I'd post a thread of what I'm seeing today and hope others will fallow. Just taking pictures with my phone then loading to photobucket then on here.

I see your from my area Jed, like an hour away. We had a Cop from your City come to Academy in Pocahontas to give a speech back in 2005 Academy Class-B, the officer was shot in the face after a police chase end with a wreck and the suspect fired on him. The Officer killed the man but in return was shot in the face right upper cheek. He spoke at our class in 2005 about his training in Academy saved his life and that all that happened right after he graduated Police Academy he graduated 3 yrs before me, he was still my age he just started earlier than I did. Anyways y question was gonna be how many acres are you on? Around Manila where I am from my cousin owns a farm thats between 2,000-3,000 acres he runs mostly cotton but he is trying a new crop this year too. Believe he said he was going to be doing peanuts on a couple hundred of acres. You ever heard of doing peanuts in this area ?

Arkansas":yokkohrz said:
jedstivers":yokkohrz said:
Thought I'd post a thread of what I'm seeing today and hope others will fallow. Just taking pictures with my phone then loading to photobucket then on here.

I see your from my area Jed, like an hour away. We had a Cop from your City come to Academy in Pocahontas to give a speech back in 2005 Academy Class-B, the officer was shot in the face after a police chase end with a wreck and the suspect fired on him. The Officer killed the man but in return was shot in the face right upper cheek. He spoke at our class in 2005 about his training in Academy saved his life and that all that happened right after he graduated Police Academy he graduated 3 yrs before me, he was still my age he just started earlier than I did. Anyways y question was gonna be how many acres are you on? Around Manila where I am from my cousin owns a farm thats between 2,000-3,000 acres he runs mostly cotton but he is trying a new crop this year too. Believe he said he was going to be doing peanuts on a couple hundred of acres. You ever heard of doing peanuts in this area ?
I'm at least two hours from you, I can't think of who that would be.
I have to much when it's bad and to little when it's good.

jedstivers":3ej4ywrv said:
Arkansas":3ej4ywrv said:
jedstivers":3ej4ywrv said:

I'm at least two hours from you, I can't think of who that would be.
I have to much when it's bad and to little when it's good.

Yeah your right, seemed so much closer I dont know how many times I by-pass it to memphis. Can the cattle eat the cotton stokes ? I noticed them being in a cotton field in one of the pictures unless I looked at it wrong?

Put my mower on a wagon, so it takes less space in the barn.
Don't have a frontloader or something like that.
Solution !!

IMG_20121120_105948.jpg

IMG_20121120_110004.jpg

IMG_20121120_110016.jpg

Dutchcowboy.

Latest posts