What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

some good photos there sim-ang.. like seeing a good farm operation, like diesel said.. and not corporate owed.

Nothing fancy--just my little part of the world this week.
The Charolais bull about 9 yrs old now.
charbull.jpg

The far northeast side pasture--this is the most recent area I cleared and fenced.
noreast.jpg

Some of the Chars from my bedroom window.
cows0041.jpg

cows0051.jpg

The beefmaster bull and 2 heifers are in a separate pasture to the left of the pics above.
The red cow you can see above is just a crossbred cow--mean as heck when she has a calf. I never turn my back on here and she's the only thing in that little herd that is horned--knows how to use 'em too, but she raises a nice calf.

Nope--East Texas about 45 miles N of Houston, but don't be fooled--it gets dry as a bone and just as brown as west Texas--and just as wet as Fla.
If you look down the fenceline in the 2nd pic above, you will see a green deerstand way off in the background. If you look really close in the pic below, you'll see the same deerstand back in March 2012--exact same location. When it rains a lot up around Huntsville, I have to be ready to move cows--and in a hurry. East Fork San Jacinto River is my East property line.

mar2012water021medium.jpg

same day--after I got everything moved back to the west side of the pond.
mar2012water026medium.jpg

ALACOWMAN":1t9fm8qj said:
old oliver, dont see those around here...few and far between
Use to be (way back in the day) a olie dealer at the county seat. My mother's father had 4 olie tractors, and a pull behind picker.
My uncle has quite a collection of olivers right now at his shop.

Those are some nice chars, greybeard. Wish we still had more of them around.

I work for a small family owned oil company that also does some farming. So far this fall I've gotten a break from the oil wells and have been helping set up a grain leg and continuous flow dryer. We got it up and running last week and ran corn all day today. 200 bu./acre keeps the grain buggy busy. Beans averaged 60 bu./acre I was surprised as dry as it was this summer.
harvest006.jpg

harvest002.jpg

Finally got my sudan hay cut...as you can see it got away from me. Spent a month trying to find someone to cut and bale it. Couldn't find anyone that had time...soooo I had to borrow a mower, and found someone that had time to bale it. Lucky I thought of borrowing the 125 from grandpa also...wouldn't of been too much fun on the 3010 in 40 degree weather. :eek:
8148458843_1110a8fae0_c.jpg

8148461521_30cdd34373_c.jpg

8148487868_106d020a97_c.jpg

10 acres cut
8148451667_1e589cbfb1_c.jpg

Also let the cows out on some stockpiled fescue and fall broad leafs.
8148449107_48be20d908_c.jpg

8148447531_1898e0d849_c.jpg

The last fall calf born, and he thinks he is the boss man.
8148442939_a5384a702b_c.jpg

Latest posts