What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2ie1vxom said:
PART_1457033250914_IMG_20160303_130807347_HDR_zpscon27vzj.jpg
Sky, those could be baby chickens or full grown chicken nuggets

J&D Cattle":x4zi5h40 said:
Wow, I'm not sure we even hit the 4 or 5 inches they were calling for. It's muddy but I drove easily across my fields this morning to feed.
We've got about 3 1/2 so far, more coming tomorrow.

Named'em Tamed'em":2hfsjzbl said:
Hillbilly there inch and 1/8 plywood with a high density overlay on both sides. Oil them ,clean 'em and there good for hundreds of pours. Very strong.
Sure looks like they would set quickly. Do I see wall ties at the horizontal joints?

hillbillyhammer":13yj14o9 said:
Named'em Tamed'em":13yj14o9 said:
Hillbilly there inch and 1/8 plywood with a high density overlay on both sides. Oil them ,clean 'em and there good for hundreds of pours. Very strong.
Sure looks like they would set quickly. Do I see wall ties at the horizontal joints?

Yes, snap ties on horizontal joints. 12 inch o/c for 8ft wall, 18 inch or so on 4ft wall.

ez14":25xzjdwx said:
Rafter S":25xzjdwx said:
I think I need to separate those two.

A few years ago we had two steers that did that until the slaughterhouse fixed them

Both of those are 2-year-olds that were raised together, and had their calves pulled off a few weeks ago. I'm going to try to move one of them this weekend.

Rafter S":63h406oy said:
ez14":63h406oy said:
Rafter S":63h406oy said:
I think I need to separate those two.

A few years ago we had two steers that did that until the slaughterhouse fixed them

Both of those are 2-year-olds that were raised together, and had their calves pulled off a few weeks ago. I'm going to try to move one of them this weekend.

I moved one of them to another pasture yesterday. Today the other one has been walking around bellowing like she just lost a week old calf. I've been around cattle for a long time, but never seen behavior like that.

Latest posts