What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

PART_1460985186377_IMG_20160416_162457577_HDR_zpsejxms04x.jpg

skyhightree1":2h4o9p70 said:
Know a dairyman who feeds thousands of ton of that stuff every year Sky. It's free so he gets it all. Sometimes you'll get a good angel food cake, twinkies or sweet rolls. :lol: :lol:

Well its 30 bucks a dumptruck load so not truly free but still fairly cheap for feed purposes. I feed bread to hogs and cows for treats. Yea while loading I found some stuff good till May snacks and some good bread I kept for the house LOL Yes its a PITA but worth the sweat equity for me. I am going to get 3000 gallons of waste milk today TB the hogs love it.

How many head of cattle do you have sky

3000 gallons if milk is a lot is that free i`ve been raising bottle calves on waste milk from the farm i work on

skyhightree1":1h11fe03 said:
Well its 30 bucks a dumptruck load so not truly free but still fairly cheap for feed purposes. I feed bread to hogs and cows for treats. Yea while loading I found some stuff good till May snacks and some good bread I kept for the house LOL Yes its a PITA but worth the sweat equity for me. I am going to get 3000 gallons of waste milk today TB the hogs love it.
Just don't overdo it on the milk. They'll get to where that's all they will want, they'll get gobby a$$ fat and you'll have a million flies.

TexasBred":1zrkmn0x said:
skyhightree1":1zrkmn0x said:
Just don't overdo it on the milk. They'll get to where that's all they will want, they'll get gobby a$$ fat and you'll have a million flies.

:lol2: :lol2: I gotta say they do love there milk a lot I mix it with bread and the brewers grain and regular livestock mineral.

Sky, I got a truck load of peanut butter a few years ago and thought it would make wonderful cow feed. I learned otherwise and ended up giving it to a guy who ended up feeding it to a pig that went on to become pretty well known. You may have even heard of him. Hogzilla.

Jogeephus":3huy0l27 said:
Sky, I got a truck load of peanut butter a few years ago and thought it would make wonderful cow feed. I learned otherwise and ended up giving it to a guy who ended up feeding it to a pig that went on to become pretty well known. You may have even heard of him. Hogzilla.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sky,

My father got scrap milk from a dairy 40 years ago for us to feed to hogs. We'd put it in 55 gallon barrels. A few times I'd forget to put the lid on it after dipping some out, and a chicken would fall in. If I was outside when she fell in I'd of course hear the commotion so I'd have to run down there and get her out before she'd drown. As you can imagine, the hen would be thrashing around so I'd get pretty well covered with sour milk. After doing that a time or two I got a lot better at remembering to put the lids on the barrels.

Rafter S":3u0ee5mo said:
Sky,

My father got scrap milk from a dairy 40 years ago for us to feed to hogs. We'd put it in 55 gallon barrels. A few times I'd forget to put the lid on it after dipping some out, and a chicken would fall in. If I was outside when she fell in I'd of course hear the commotion so I'd have to run down there and get her out before she'd drown. As you can imagine, the hen would be thrashing around so I'd get pretty well covered with sour milk. After doing that a time or two I got a lot better at remembering to put the lids on the barrels.

:lol: I now fill the barrels behind a board that splashing onto my boots and the smell while driving was rough :shock:

I'm sure glad your not my neighbor Sky. I bet that you have a stinking mess there. I haven't feed any hogs out in years. But when I did it was in a pen with a concrete floor, and a washout, and it still stunk.

True Grit Farms":237ry4gq said:
I'm sure glad your not my neighbor Sky. I bet that you have a stinking mess there. I haven't feed any hogs out in years. But when I did it was in a pen with a concrete floor, and a washout, and it still stunk.

I have an agreement with a guy who lets me keep them there with his in a pen till I get my pen built but the pens back in the woods only gets rank when it rains and is hot then its so bad It gets in your pores it seems. I will keep some there always and im building a 16x16 pen raised on wood but I got too many projects to complete it right now so I just keep them there.

Got my flagpole ready to go back up and blew a hyd cylinder seal out on the backhoe yesterday, so........
Hey wife--hold my beer and watch this...

Latest posts