What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Ozark cowman":m5qyg26o said:
Nice pictures Denver? Don't I know where that is?
Yep, you do. I wish you were still working, you could spend about 2 nice weekends over there handing out tickets and giving rides to the jailhouse and it would do things a lot of good. The way it's headed probably won't be to many years and none of us will be able to use it.

denvermartinfarms":2zp63t4y said:
Ozark cowman":2zp63t4y said:
Nice pictures Denver? Don't I know where that is?
Yep, you do. I wish you were still working, you could spend about 2 nice weekends over there handing out tickets and giving rides to the jailhouse and it would do things a lot of good. The way it's headed probably won't be to many years and none of us will be able to use it.
Your spot on, the thing is that's what the government wants, they would just as soon let things go to crap for a few years and then close it to everyone instead of taking care of the problem now and making it a stiff enough penalty on the people tearing things up to make them stop. I loved my job for most of the 29 years I had it, but things started changing fast those last couple years around 07 to 2010.

I'm in Dallas, of all places, for a convention (for the software I use at work). Right now I'm sitting in the sky bridge between the Convention Center and the Omni Hotel and here's what I see looking out the window. I have a meeting in about 30 minutes and then I'm going to go find a beer. This is definitely a case of a fish out of water. Y'all wish me luck. I have a feeling I'll need it.

Rafter S":1zv3jqe2 said:

I'm in Dallas, of all places, for a convention (for the software I use at work). Right now I'm sitting in the sky bridge between the Convention Center and the Omni Hotel and here's what I see looking out the window. I have a meeting in about 30 minutes and then I'm going to go find a beer. This is definitely a case of a fish out of water. Y'all wish me luck. I have a feeling I'll need it.

Good luck, maybe get the beer before the meeting? :hide:

Rafter S":2w276x23 said:

There's a Hooters not far down the street from there. :mrgreen:

Rafter S":35ss9pfi said:

I was in downtown Dallas this weekend also getting my stepson married off to a wonderful young lady. It is now on the same list as Houston has been on for years...... A place I never want to have to go to again! Not sure that can be achieved, but I swear, that google maps lady is is going to make me bust a blood vessel one of these days. No such thing as making a block and swing back around if miss your turn.

I drove up yesterday morning and found the Convention Center okay (with a little help from Google maps), but parking was another story. I drove around in circles and finally found a place that would let me park for $15.00. I thought that was kinda high, but didn't know what else to do, so I paid it. That was all fine and good until it got time to leave there and head to the Holiday Inn Express 10 miles away where I had a reservation. That poor lady on my phone was getting pretty frustrated with me, but after making several wrong turns and trying to check in to the wrong hotel I finally got to the right place.

Then this morning I got to thinking that I needed a new plan. I had seen a shuttle van parked in front of the hotel, so I asked the young lady at the reception desk about it. She explained to me that it only goes to the airport and the hospital, and suggested I take a taxi. She even said she could call for me, and when I asked her about what it would cost she said probably less than $20.00. I had been hoping it would be less, but I couldn't face that traffic again, so when I got ready to go I asked her to go ahead and call. I was expecting a yellow cab like I've seen on TV, but a little fellow showed up with a plain white passenger van. I suspect he might be the desk clerk's uncle or something, and he didn't habla englais real well, but that's fine. Anyway, he got me where I needed to go and gave me his business card as I was getting out of the van. Told me to call him when I got ready to go back to the hotel and he'd come get me, and he charged me considerably less than $20.00 for the trip. And he's going to pick me up tomorrow at 7:00am, so it looks like I'm all taken care of. I've always heard that God takes care of fools and drunks, so I've got double coverage.

And no, I didn't get a beer before the meeting, but I sure got some after it was over (which is one more reason I'm glad I didn't have to drive back to the hotel).

Latest posts