What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm":27rfbtse said:
TexasBred":27rfbtse said:
about the cleanest looking sale barn I've seen over the years.

that's what I thought too. every one I've ever been to has cow Shyt and cobwebs on the walls.
Cig. butts on the floor and spit cans for the dippers and chewers.

This is the view from the top of the quarry across the road from our place. They used the rock to build Bull Shoals Dam late 40s, early 50s. Our barn is in the center all the way to the rear.

kucala5":2w7mli29 said:
This is the view from the top of the quarry across the road from our place. They used the rock to build Bull Shoals Dam late 40s, early 50s. Our barn is in the center all the way to the rear.
I didn't know we was nearly neighbors.

Finally a nice weekend here. It was enjoyed by all.

At work I get to run the latest and greatest equipment around, at home I still play with the dinosaurs but I love 'em. '79 Pete and '80 Komatsu going to work today. Backing that old girl off that 96" wide trailer is a thrill.

Denver, that 379 Pete belongs to my good friend and occasional partner in crime. We think alike and we're always looking for deals on stuff most would consider too old to use. We are partners on that old Komatsu. That truck is right at the million mile mark and it still gets the job done, it's got a 3406B (mechanical pump) and a 13 spd. and will get a heavy load down the road. Nothing fancy but I still like it.
That last picture you posted looked like the hood of a T-800 and thats another one of my favorites. Not quite as fancy as a W-900 but in my opinion an awesome truck. Much better turning radius too.

ohiosteve":3t0v7udb said:
Denver, that 379 Pete belongs to my good friend and occasional partner in crime. We think alike and we're always looking for deals on stuff most would consider too old to use. We are partners on that old Komatsu. That truck is right at the million mile mark and it still gets the job done, it's got a 3406B (mechanical pump) and a 13 spd. and will get a heavy load down the road. Nothing fancy but I still like it.
That last picture you posted looked like the hood of a T-800 and thats another one of my favorites. Not quite as fancy as a W-900 but in my opinion an awesome truck. Much better turning radius too.
A 3406b is about the best cat engine there ever was IMO, alot better on fuel than a A model, and a better engine than the newer ones.

The truck I showed the picture of was a t450 KW, about like a t800 body. Ours was a factory dump with a 16ft bed, factory double frame all the way to the front, 46k rears and a 20k front with a 3rd 20k on air. The truck weighs 27k empty and I've grossed 88k on it, just on short back road hauls of course :mrgreen:. And it's slow at that, it's got a 300hp 3306 with a 8ll and no jake.

Denver, I agree with you that the 3406b is a good engine, but it is not the best 3406. I drive a lot of big trucks at work and my baby is a 2000 W900 with a 3406E and 18spd. This motor is built to the hilt and its got a Pittsburgh Power programmer on it. I regularly gross 100,000lb and still can pass any truck on the road, I almost got a felony last summer when I was 25,000lb overweight luckily the sheriff was cool. I don't want to hijack Jeds thread maybe you should start a big truck thread?

ohiosteve":3b962gcq said:
Denver, I agree with you that the 3406b is a good engine, but it is not the best 3406. I drive a lot of big trucks at work and my baby is a 2000 W900 with a 3406E and 18spd. This motor is built to the hilt and its got a Pittsburgh Power programmer on it. I regularly gross 100,000lb and still can pass any truck on the road, I almost got a felony last summer when I was 25,000lb overweight luckily the sheriff was cool. I don't want to hijack Jeds thread maybe you should start a big truck thread?
Ok, I haven't ever had a truck with a E model, just A, B and one C model, out of those the B was by far my favorite.

jedstivers":ybcpl7mh said:
8D9FB763-6AF3-4FE1-9D2D-CF54BC1FF4F9-8621-0000092974EC5788_zps1d42f0c3.jpg

92286244-07D9-473B-919B-739E68668001-8621-00000929808D5F99_zps52560db2.jpg
Here's the story on the bull.
He's a young, sale barn special. Less than two grand and the pics aren't good but he's a pretty sharp bull really. He's a Gelbvieh, he's black and covering my trader cows. I should be able to use him and sell him for more than I have in him.

jedstivers":h76ppnx1 said:
Thought I'd post a thread of what I'm seeing today and hope others will fallow. Just taking pictures with my phone then loading to photobucket then on here.
ce02c2a4.jpg

61f8f05e.jpg

6719d18f.jpg

c1ad4ccc.jpg

Just setting on a cotton picker all day.
3b6f39c8.jpg

b1ace31d.jpg

42574aee.jpg

Bundy needs to get all of the Negros out there and teach them how to pick this cotton.

Fixing a road and a washed out creek crossing.

The culverts will still likely plug in a unusually heavy rain so we dug a channel out in the field for an overflow.

ohiosteve":2l9f7g7f said:
Finally a nice weekend here. It was enjoyed by all.

At work I get to run the latest and greatest equipment around, at home I still play with the dinosaurs but I love 'em. '79 Pete and '80 Komatsu going to work today. Backing that old girl off that 96" wide trailer is a thrill.
In 35 years those two units might still be running but the ones coming off the lot today won't be.

ohiosteve":2o2sj8e6 said:
Your not hijacking, this is what this thread is for.

denvermartinfarms":21c2zc3g said:
Fixing a road and a washed out creek crossing.

The culverts will still likely plug in a unusually heavy rain so we dug a channel out in the field for an overflow.

Looks like you have the best window seat in the office! I am sure there are some bad days too, but you are lucky to be working in such beautiful scenery!

Latest posts