What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

New three phase going up. Getting about 3 miles of single phase converted to three phase. Changing a lot of wells and pivots from diesel to electric.
65FEAC51-F705-42B8-A031-AA9C55B083F7-5494-0000057CEA42054B_zps9457018a.jpg

jedstivers":30pg00jn said:
New three phase going up. Getting about 3 miles of single phase converted to three phase. Changing a lot of wells and pivots from diesel to electric.

I hope that works out for you. Duke (our utility) is fixin' to raise rates, but the danged oil companies are always raisin' the price for diesel.
Installing 3 phase here is bloody expensive.

john250":2xhzv4c7 said:
jedstivers":2xhzv4c7 said:

I hope that works out for you. Duke (our utility) is fixin' to raise rates, but the danged oil companies are always raisin' the price for diesel.
Installing 3 phase here is bloody expensive.
Electricity cost about half of diesle now so it has some room. We are running so many now we need the convenience of it, not enough time in the day anymore.
We did enough wells we didn't pay for any line extensions.

I traded some services with a welding company owner he used this as his generator for when power went out at his shop got a stand by generator so didnt need this anymore runs like a champ no leads though said he took them and used on his other welder when leads got messed up. I don't know how to stick weld but eventually I will get the leads for now it will be a generator in the corner collecting dust.

Sky, if you never learned how to stick weld you don't know how to weld. Wire is easy but a stick will make you learn how to chase or push a puddle. :2cents:
Nice generator, that's a fine tool there once you learn how to us it.

highgrit":3kd1uj61 said:
Sky, if you never learned how to stick weld you don't know how to weld. Wire is easy but a stick will make you learn how to chase or push a puddle. :2cents:

yep, I learned to stick weld (dirt dauber) when I was around 10-12yrs old. I didn't get good at it until I was in my 20's. I have never had any formal training. growing up if you welded something and it broke at your weld you didn't get another shot. Once I learned something about metals and heat, welding got a lot easier.

highgrit":1930f96i said:

Thanks I agree I never really had access to a stick welder growing up. I got my first feed welder when I was 23 and kept telling myself I was going to get certified in welding just to have the cert. my cousin is a cert welder and welds those tanker trailers and has offered to help me learn a stick but our schedules never matched up once I get the leads I will go ahead and play around with it. I can tell you with a feed welder I have never had anything break at the weld lol If I could weld aluminum I would be a millionaire in 2 years making dog boxes for people around here lol

highgrit":yg2hgw1m said:
The real challenge is welding with a torch, and not blowing out the puddle. Those pea size globs of molten metal sure do burn when they jump in you glove, almost like by some kind of magic. :lol2:

sim.-ang.king":1jr0h34s said:
highgrit":1jr0h34s said:
The real challenge is welding with a torch, and not blowing out the puddle. Those pea size globs of molten metal sure do burn when they jump in you glove, almost like by some kind of magic. :lol2:

I will pass on that.

Latest posts