What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Planting AC's corn.
25112ED4-F29A-4F9E-9DEA-9A509235CB7A-2088-0000020D23648D98_zps6cbf49f2.jpg

Moving dirt and land leaving.
F3AAB7EA-F98D-439B-B788-A727E0BD89A9-2088-0000020D39F50C76_zps41a9b04b.jpg

7EBC8628-9C6A-47B5-83E7-4215CD766890-2088-0000020D4B7741BD_zps36a52b81.jpg

Jed, do you do much no-till? What's your thoughts on it? I've heard guys say "No-till no crop" and I've seen others that seem to do just fine with no-till. I'm sure there's lots of factors to consider.

ohiosteve":n2jek31o said:
Jed, do you do much no-till? What's your thoughts on it? I've heard guys say "No-till no crop" and I've seen others that seem to do just fine with no-till. I'm sure there's lots of factors to consider.
We are doing a lot this year, will have to till some next year prol. Will also have to plow all the furrow irrigated stuff.

jedstivers":1r2r2pzj said:
Denver I really like that track loader.
Alot of people have moved away from track loaders and went to dozers and excavators together, we still like track loaders and IMO they are one of the most versatile pieces of yellow equipment there is.

denvermartinfarms":1xktvyhu said:
jedstivers":1xktvyhu said:
Alot of people have moved away from track loaders and went to dozers and excavators together, we still like track loaders and IMO they are one of the most versatile pieces of yellow equipment there is.
Kind of like a bobcat on stereroids..........I allways liked a 850/950 Melroe Bobcat.

Kingfisher":2ee3c38c said:
denvermartinfarms":2ee3c38c said:
Placing some creek gravel and big rocks.

Is that where the dude with the plane lives? What body of water is that?

No this is a small resort/lodge place where the owners also live, it's on tablerock outside of Branson.

Kingfisher":3ajzjpy9 said:
denvermartinfarms":3ajzjpy9 said:
jedstivers":3ajzjpy9 said:
Would you like to buy it? I was moving more rocks today and it cought on fire.
How the Bnice does a track loader catch on fire!?!
Battery cable gets a worn spot, shorts out and catches on fire, completely melts every battery cable on the machine, ruins both batteries, fries the gauge panel, and mostly melts down a 700$ hydraulic line. That's what I know about so far.

ohiosteve":yz0fcdsu said:

im not jed but we no till about 90% of our crops and no till cuts costs saves time no problems for us. We have been doing no till for about 15 years now. We have people we rent from that like to see the land turned over.

skyhightree1":35jve2sb said:
Jed I love that corn planter makes me want 2 sell both of mine to get 1 like yours.
It's nice, this is its third year. I had to put new disk openers and disk closers (we run cotton attachments instead of Vee wheels) and some gauge wells on it this year. It went over about 10,000 acres so far.
I bought another twelve row kind of like but only a lot older and cheaper yesterday. I am going to offset the hitches 4" so each one will plant to the side of the bed, we will plant twin rows that way in soybeans.

That's awesome Jed unfortunately I think a new corn planter is out this year. Remember had been telling you about my sprayer problems... I got a strong suspicion I will be buying a new 1 this year jd dealers supposed bring 1 in April for us to try out and case dealer bringing one in may for us to test.

skyhightree1":2s504l1e said:
That's awesome Jed unfortunately I think a new corn planter is out this year. Remember had been telling you about my sprayer problems... I got a strong suspicion I will be buying a new 1 this year jd dealers supposed bring 1 in April for us to try out and case dealer bringing one in may for us to test.
It's always something. It never ends.

jedstivers":2mcv4zak said:
skyhightree1":2mcv4zak said:
It's always something. It never ends.

You got that right

Latest posts