What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":uii5tshu said:
ohiosteve":uii5tshu said:
That dog loves two things; chasing critters and being in the way. She likes to be 1" from the front tractor tire for hours on end and she will even stick her head down a ground hog hole for a quick look and still keep pace. A friend was raking for me and was scared he'd run her over, I told him it's impossible to run her over.
Blowing some HMSC up a harvestore silo. I don't feed grain anymore but I still help people that do.

Nice looking 6030 :tiphat:
:nod: i like that tractor looks real nice

We Should start putting HMSC in the silo soon

TexasBred":3328kb0s said:
JMJ Farms":3328kb0s said:
Feeding hay 6 weeks before normal. Could be worse I guess. But 3 rolls a day times 6 extra weeks adds up pretty dang quick.

No moisture out of the hurricane??

About 5/10". Better than nothing but with the wind and heat today it's almost gone already.

Doesn't look pretty JMJ. If you are anything like us here the growing season would already be over even if you did get some rain. Forage cereals planted after a rain event would be our only chance.
Hope you get an early break to the season at the other end of winter.

Ken

Seeing that dog at the controls of the back hoe reminds me of a young border collie that lived on the Xmas tree farm where I worked part time a few years back. He always had to be where the action was also. When the wreaths and grave blankets were finished they were laid in rows on a large grassy area where a tractor mounted sprayer came along and dyed them dark green--You guessed it! The pup was green for a week.

wbvs58":38lm1zj2 said:
Doesn't look pretty JMJ. If you are anything like us here the growing season would already be over even if you did get some rain. Forage cereals planted after a rain event would be our only chance.
Hope you get an early break to the season at the other end of winter.

Ken

Ken, I've still got a little time but I would have liked to have had my winter grazing planted about 2 weeks ago. If I can get it planted in the next month I will still be ok. Just not optimal.

IMG_20161010_074026443_zpsazezdift.jpg

ez14":3i1xhvas said:
[
looks like dinner! :nod: how many pigs do you have?

39 barrows left and dwindling down everyday I will keep 5 for my freezer I will probably start processing mine mid November when its colder. 11 gilts 7 bred sows and 1 boar. Someone supposed to buy all the gilts soon they put deposit down and may buy the sows and boar too I don't want to fool with wintering them

Those breds will be makin a lot of bacon. Ive got a couple, have got to hone my marketing skills before further expansion on that project though.

skyhightree1":3j8gljlw said:
ez14":3j8gljlw said:
[

39 barrows left and dwindling down everyday I will keep 5 for my freezer I will probably start processing mine mid November when its colder. 11 gilts 7 bred sows and 1 boar. Someone supposed to buy all the gilts soon they put deposit down and may buy the sows and boar too I don't want to fool with wintering them
you got quite a few then you should be eating good for a while :nod:

ez14":31qeffx3 said:
skyhightree1":31qeffx3 said:
ez14":31qeffx3 said:
[

I hope it last me for 6 months... I know the bacon wont last that long but chops and such hopefully.

skyhightree1":1wvaueuw said:
ez14":1wvaueuw said:
skyhightree1":1wvaueuw said:

I hope it last me for 6 months... I know the bacon wont last that long but chops and such hopefully.
my dad bought a pig once and was hoping it would last a while but it was about gone in 2 weeks (i dont think any bacon or sausage made it through the first week)

ez14":3aik6ok0 said:
skyhightree1":3aik6ok0 said:
ez14":3aik6ok0 said:

my dad bought a pig once and was hoping it would last a while but it was about gone in 2 weeks (i dont think any bacon or sausage made it through the first week)

Pork doesn't stand a chance around my place.

Latest posts