What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":1q9ump2b said:
Thumb buster for sure and a sprained wrist if you hit a stump or tree. They also go to fast to rotary mow on for my liking. I sold my 8N and bought a MF35 diesel best move ever, until I got my industrial 1020 JD.

Also a bit fast for a power tiller too.
Ever had one with a Dearborn FEL? When we were kids, I just hopped right on one--from the back, but man, climbing on and off the one we have just like this one now in my mid 60s is a chore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoA5RydUMxA

(Got a brush rake instead of the bucket on ours.)

Shelling corn today and this monster flew overhead. I don't know much about planes but two of these fly over my house quite regularly. I always try to get a picture but usually am too slow. 4 props and they fly low and fast.

greybeard":3n2olm1i said:
skyhightree1":3n2olm1i said:
IMG_20161030_084122628_zps0qindwkw.jpg

:lol2: They are handy and can go in small places

Good thing they have a big steering wheel too--need it with no power steering.
Downside to them has always been a hesitancy to start after wet weather unless the ignition has been modified from the original. Keep that clutch pedal locked down when you aren't using it--bad about the clutch disc locking to the flywheel and pressure plate--and it only takes a few weeks for it to happen..btdt[/quote]

The tool kit that came with the 8n was amazingly simple. The wrenches would fit any bolt or nut on the tractor and any implement. My dad had a jack that you hooked to the three point arms and under the axles and attached to a simple a frame type deal under the front and attached with a chain to the back part of the jack once installed you could pick the tractor up and clear the ground with all wheels. This was useful when changing the wheels and extending the track width to plow two rows. Also you could buy a spark plug type attachment to air up tires. Ford was about as inventive in designing farm equipment as any other mfg.

Shelling corn today and this monster flew overhead. I don't know much about planes but two of these fly over my house quite regularly. I always try to get a picture but usually am too slow. 4 props and they fly low and fast.[/quote]

Do a search on Yahoo for military prop driven planes and see if you can find an image of the planes in question.

Several years ago the Air Force had a bombing target in and around Mt Pleasant Texas nothing more than a radio station. You would be out working and a shadow would come over you and it would be a B52 and no noise what so ever and very low to the ground flying to the target.

callmefence":2l3for7n said:
JMJ Farms":2l3for7n said:
The Gulf from St George Island, FL
JMJ Farms":2l3for7n said:

Another load hits the road

Sold your hay and hit the beach.
I like it... :cboy:

You pretty well nailed it Fence. Only thing is I sold the extra hay to help pay the fertilizer bill. Wife is the one that said "to heII with them, you're taking me to the beach" :lol2:

JMJ Farms":s5mxazj3 said:
Here's something you don't see at the beach everyday!

I go to a couple sale not to far from Sparta but I don't think I've ever seen that rig.

hurleyjd":31cgf55g said:
Shelling corn today and this monster flew overhead. I don't know much about planes but two of these fly over my house quite regularly. I always try to get a picture but usually am too slow. 4 props and they fly low and fast.

Do a search on Yahoo for military prop driven planes and see if you can find an image of the planes in question.

Several years ago the Air Force had a bombing target in and around Mt Pleasant Texas nothing more than a radio station. You would be out working and a shadow would come over you and it would be a B52 and no noise what so ever and very low to the ground flying to the target.[/quote]
I think they are C 130's. It seems like they're just a few hundred feet in the air when they fly over my place. I live on top of a long valley. It's awesome to see them. Occasionally a big 2 prop helicopter fly's over too. Shakes the ground

ohiosteve":3if4j525 said:
hurleyjd":3if4j525 said:

Several years ago the Air Force had a bombing target in and around Mt Pleasant Texas nothing more than a radio station. You would be out working and a shadow would come over you and it would be a B52 and no noise what so ever and very low to the ground flying to the target.
I think they are C 130's. It seems like they're just a few hundred feet in the air when they fly over my place. I live on top of a long valley. It's awesome to see them. Occasionally a big 2 prop helicopter fly's over too. Shakes the ground[/quote]

The c130 is a very popular plane.There was an Air Force base in Arkansas in the seventies and may still be there. They were flying the c130 up down the valleys. The c130 has been improved and updated through the years with better engines and avionics. I was fortunate to work on some of the combat talon planes in my career very interesting as what they could do.

Not even 5 minutes after I made that last post I heard em coming. I ran in the house grabbed my phone and was able to get this picture as they flew over. The picture doesn't do justice just how low they are.

JMJ Farms":1hghyit9 said:

Did you go to the Blessing of the fleet and Seafood festival last night in Apalachicola? I was there and even bought a 1/2 bushel of oysters, and was planning on sharing them.

hurleyjd":146fm2he said:
ohiosteve":146fm2he said:
hurleyjd":146fm2he said:

I think they are C 130's. It seems like they're just a few hundred feet in the air when they fly over my place. I live on top of a long valley. It's awesome to see them. Occasionally a big 2 prop helicopter fly's over too. Shakes the ground

The c130 is a very popular plane.There was an Air Force base in Arkansas in the seventies and may still be there. They were flying the c130 up down the valleys. The c130 has been improved and updated through the years with better engines and avionics. I was fortunate to work on some of the combat talon planes in my career very interesting as what they could do.[/quote]
You ought to see them at night with all light off and close enough to the ground to see easy in the dark. Couldn't have been more than 200' in the air. Several of them, they are huge.

True Grit Farms":1uizogyr said:
JMJ Farms":1uizogyr said:

Did you go to the Blessing of the fleet and Seafood festival last night in Apalachicola? I was there and even bought a 1/2 bushel of oysters, and was planning on sharing them.

We went yesterday afternoon! I hate I missed you. Didn't know you were down here. I think I ate a 1/2 bushel but I had to buy them a dozen at the time. Wife wanted to ride the rides at the carnival but I told her I wasn't getting on any of them. Heard in the news this morning that some bolts came loose and they had an accident with multiple injuries and one kid that had to be life flighted. So I'm glad I stood my ground on that one. Went out fishing this morning. It was pretty rough. We caught a handful but not many. Couple of redfish, a small bull shark, a few white trout, a couple of catfish, and a couple of blue crabs. But we had a pretty good time. Ate lunch and headed back to St George but there was a terrible head on collision about 6 cars ahead of us on the bridge with two fatalities so they closed the bridge for 6 hours. We headed back to Appalachicola and went back to the seafood festival and walked around till we could get back to the Island. Y'all done headed back home?

JMJ Farms":15q4pzk8 said:
Saw a bald eagle. Pretty neat bc we don't see them around home.

I hauled the boat from Apalachicola over to Eastpoint and up 65 to the house last night. Vincent has been unloading his Kingfish at Water street seafood for the last two weeks. What do you think about all the campaign signs? I was really impressed myself.

True Grit Farms":3scl9dpy said:
JMJ Farms":3scl9dpy said:
Saw a bald eagle. Pretty neat bc we don't see them around home.

I hauled the boat from Apalachicola over to Eastpoint and up 65 to the house last night. Vincent has been unloading his Kingfish at Water street seafood for the last two weeks. What do you think about all the campaign signs? I was really impressed myself.

I was also impressed. I had no idea Vincent was fishing this area. That's my ignorance. I should've called you. The guy I went out with is a friend of mine but I would have loved to go out with Vincent or yourself and Teresa. Is he taking clients out? Or fishing by himself?

Latest posts