What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":1beceutj said:
5th grade science project. Working volcano.

I hope you get an A. I helped one of mine, with a science fair project once. We germinated 10 soybeans, in various conditions. Worked our tails off. Got a B. I could have slapped somebody.

Jogeephus":3m5klxor said:
I remember making another one of those several years ago. That's a fun project.
I remember getting my azz chewed when one of my hounds "killed" the neighbor girls volcano off their picknick table...;(

Bigfoot":33xn2y6o said:
JMJ Farms":33xn2y6o said:

I hope you get an A. I helped one of mine, with a science fair project once. We germinated 10 soybeans, in various conditions. Worked our tails off. Got a B. I could have slapped somebody.

Ida been ticked off about that too Bigfoot.

Bigfoot":40jett3l said:
JMJ Farms":40jett3l said:

My son had a science project when he was in junior high. He took an electric guitar apart and replaced some of the wires with other wire types to see what would happen (I think). He told me that after the interview with the judges one of them asked him if he knew who the guitar players on his report cover were, or if they were just random pictures he'd downloaded. He didn't hesitate for a second, but pointed them out as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Jimmy Page. The judge replied "Your teacher should give you an A just for knowing that."

AdamsCreek":3g5cnyuj said:
Thanks JMJ. That's the plan going forward. Radial trailer tires ain't worth having I don't guess. My stock trailer is an early 90's model Coose and it's still got the original bias ply tires it came with.
You can still get real good trailer tires. Get enough ply and a good brand. Got to pay for them though.
I hate low quaility tires. If I want to go 1,000 miles one way to get a big load I want to go and come back on the same tires with the same air.

jedstivers":2kgbzc4w said:
AdamsCreek":2kgbzc4w said:
Thanks JMJ. That's the plan going forward. Radial trailer tires ain't worth having I don't guess. My stock trailer is an early 90's model Coose and it's still got the original bias ply tires it came with.
You can still get real good trailer tires. Get enough ply and a good brand. Got to pay for them though.
I hate low quaility tires. If I want to go 1,000 miles one way to get a big load I want to go and come back on the same tires with the same air.

Me and you both Jed. I hate low quality anything.

Digging in a natural gas line to the house finally. It was 1200' and some tough digging but well worth it I think. I've been all wood heat for the past decade and I'm ready for a break.

Daughter and I took a road trip into the big city today and went to the Indians game. Unlike many folks on here I enjoy the occasional trip to the city. I like to think it keeps us well rounded.

It sure has been getting nicer. Some really awesome old architecture that is being restored. Indians game and Browns game today so it was fun.

My daughter did a clinical pharmacy residency at Cleveland Clinic a few years ago. I worried so much about leaving her in Ohio where she knew no one. She lived in a quaint little suburb, Shaker Heights. She loved it. We learned to love it too. Everywhere we went the people in Ohio were just as nice and friendly as could be. The restaurants were great! A lot of good shopping places. I hope we can go back again one day.

I agree with you Williamsv. I feel like Ohio gets a bad rep from folks in the south but we are a mostly rural state with a lot of hard working folks. The older I get I am really starting to appreciate the ever changing weather up here. 3ft of snow and 10 below in the winter and 95° with 95% humidity in the summer makes the spring and fall seem like paradise!

I have never seen grass and trees as green as they were during our June visit to Cleveland! They were beautiful and some of the prettiest flowers I have ever seen. As I said before, Ohio really surprised me because I had heard a lot of bad things about Cleveland. I was sick the day my daughter called the school where I was teaching and asked the secretary to let me know that she had matched with Cleveland Clinic and would be going there for a year.
I have said only good things about Ohio since then. I feared the cold winter and snow and my daughter not used to driving on snow and ice. I never shall forget a nice lady in Williams-Sonoma when I was checking out, telling me not to worry the streets would be clear for my daughter to get to the hospital everyday. That workers took care of the snow in winter, and it would not be a problem.
I carried heavy coats in the winter when I went and found that they were not needed. The cold there is different to what we have. Another pleasant surprise!
I cannot say enough good things about Cleveland and Ohio. West Virginia is another state that we always enjoyed traveling through. People were very nice wherever we stopped. Especially liked to stop at Tamarack and Fenton Glass to shop.
My daughter loved Cleveland Clinic and still has friends there that she visits with at meetings. She was offered a job there, which is now the number two hospital in the US according to US News and World Report, but her husband wanted to go back to North Carolina.
Looking forward to one more trip to West Virginia and Ohio! We have many good memories of our visits in the past.

ohiosteve":10j47hyb said:
I agree with you Williamsv. I feel like Ohio gets a bad rep from folks in the south but we are a mostly rural state with a lot of hard working folks. The older I get I am really starting to appreciate the ever changing weather up here. 3ft of snow and 10 below in the winter and 95° with 95% humidity in the summer makes the spring and fall seem like paradise!
A couple of my best friends are from Cleveland, and are as good a hunter and outdoor's man is there is. They can skin a buck and run a trot line with the best of them.

Nothing like fresh grain

IMG_20160927_144104122_zpsl7j0e1gq.jpg

IMG_20160926_195948424_zpspplpiv6s.jpg

ohiosteve":acpai1ef said:
Digging in a natural gas line to the house finally. It was 1200' and some tough digging but well worth it I think.
Wow, That is an incredibly talented dog!!!
Can it run a dozer too?
;-)

greybeard":rqftpvi3 said:
ohiosteve":rqftpvi3 said:
Digging in a natural gas line to the house finally. It was 1200' and some tough digging but well worth it I think.
Wow, That is an incredibly talented dog!!!
Can it run a dozer too?
;-)

Nice neat ditch to . most off the ones dug by people look like a snake.

That dog loves two things; chasing critters and being in the way. She likes to be 1" from the front tractor tire for hours on end and she will even stick her head down a ground hog hole for a quick look and still keep pace. A friend was raking for me and was scared he'd run her over, I told him it's impossible to run her over.
Blowing some HMSC up a harvestore silo. I don't feed grain anymore but I still help people that do.

ohiosteve":rftvsn4e said:
That dog loves two things; chasing critters and being in the way. She likes to be 1" from the front tractor tire for hours on end and she will even stick her head down a ground hog hole for a quick look and still keep pace. A friend was raking for me and was scared he'd run her over, I told him it's impossible to run her over.
Blowing some HMSC up a harvestore silo. I don't feed grain anymore but I still help people that do.

Nice looking 6030 :tiphat: