What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from a few day in Las Vegas. Two of the things that stayed in Vegas, a chunk of my money and the near 80 degree days ..... We are back now in the wind, rain and mud of NW Oregon.

There were a few things that I had a hard time wrapping my head around or just irratated me, I'll just cover one in this thread.

Airport security procedures. We flew out of Portland, going through TSA we were required to take off our shoes, belt, jackets, empty out or pockets, take out our lap tops, place all on the table to be ran through the X-ray machine. Then one at a time we stepped into a machine for a full body scan, you know the type that can see if I need a man bra or not. Then we were herded out to get dressed again, I felt like I was in a high school locker room again with a bunch of strangers. But that's not what bothered me. We flew out of Vegas yesterday, got there an hour early to do the security thing again .... No line, did have a sign up and a TSA officer standing by it letting folks know there was no need to take off you shoes or anything else, no need to remove computers from there bags, just empty your pockets place everything on the table to be x-rayed and walk through the metal detector. In Portland it was a strip search, in Vegas it was put you change in the bowl and be on your way....... Huh? The difference in procedures made no sense to me. Just one of the things that did not stay in Vegas.

Alan,

I feel your pain although I don't have to fly but once or twice a year now It was a lot worse back in 07 and 08 when I was flying once or twice a month. I have been fondled and groped quite a bit over the years and I can tell you that they don't think thinks its funny when they are patting you down when you ask them to do it again and go slower next time. I have even had to go to a little room in the airport so they could check my background info because of my SA Mouth.

Go buy a ticket the same day you fly, using cash and you'll likely see a big red SSSS stamped on your ticket or boarding pass. You get to go into the little room off to the side from the rest of the passengers. I went thru it once when I had to fly home in an emergency for a death in the family from San Angelo to Houston. No strip search but it was degrading enough. Return flight from Hou I didn't have to do any of that.

What's also funny is they will take your nail clippers at the security checkpoint but hand you a steak knife on the plane if you are in first class.

I fly a lot. Since 2001 I have never boarded any plane where they did not require me to remove my shoes.

Jogeephus":3w0xjsna said:
What's also funny is they will take your nail clippers at the security checkpoint but hand you a steak knife on the plane if you are in first class.

What kind of peanuts do you need a steak knife for? :lol:

Anyone serious about taking a plane down would not do it via a passenger - there are other ways and means and security does not have a handle on it - for the most part -in my opinion - it is feel good stuff for those pax who think there truly is security.

You can always refuse a body scan and go for the pat down. I never get scanned - not because of modestly, but it is like surrendering my rights - pizzzes me off that someone can run me though like sheep to slaughter.

International travel is also a pain - Canada is truly bad for their attitude. Avoid the frogs in Montreal at all cost - truly arrogant

Shoes stayed on when I jumped on an Air Canada flight out of Tel Aviv a couple months ago.

Israeli security is the best = guys get chatted up by good looking gals and gals get chatted up by good looking guys.

I always like it when the gal runs her hand down my back - pretending to be friendly but in fact patting me down. Wife thinks it is a cheap thrill for the old guy - I tell her it is an expensive one because that airline ticket is expensive! LOL

Bez

Named'em Tamed'em":1vv85as0 said:
Alan, we went to Vegas the end of Jan. flew out from Sea-Tac same thing, Big Ol' search in Seattle, nothing in Vegas. :???:

Yea, I would think TSA would have a set procedure for all places, seems like it's like someone said, Portland is on a power trip and Vegas is just doing their job.

Alan, I was there just recently. Got the same treatment there as I did at home, but I flew out of the international terminal. Wonder if that had something to do with the difference?

I don't like the position they ask you to take in that dam machine, seems to be purposeful to me. When you're pat down they don't make you stand like you're surrendering or a complete criminal. Pissed me off all the more knowing it does nothing other than expose kids, infants and pregnant women to unnecessary radiation- science that isn't made up. :mad: Every other business has miles of red tape just to house a machine that it used a fraction of a fraction of the time.

Vegas- If the zombie's chose to make Vegas their Normandy Beach, we could be in trouble. They could have a several day foothold before anyone recognized something was wrong. It's already a sea of zoned out people walking aimlessly.

Never heard of using a feminine hygiene product to stop a nose bleed until then. Saw a girl that seemed pretty normal from the back, and when she turned around there was a tampon hanging out of her nose. I figured it must of been a real bender. Who knew CT was just as crazy? Days later, sky is talking about it and isom is repairing calves with them. :shock:

Latest posts