What happened here? Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
100_0110.jpg

100_0109.jpg

100_0107.jpg

It don't matter to me what happened, that's one heck of a cute calf! :D LOVE the color pattern! ;-)

Mamma is an old baldy that has never
thrown anything but all black or a baldy.

And from the looks of the calf
( the no switch tail and his markings)
I would say daddy is one of the three stooges.
Most likely Curly seen here on the left.
SL

100_0095.jpg

Looks like some of the calves we had this spring. Out of Black Baldy (Hereford X Angus) cows bred Shorthorn. We have also seen the odd one like that that out of the Angus x Hereford cross, and, especially, out of Black Baldy cows bred Hereford.

awww that a cute calf, it can come live at my place anytime

we had one that looked something like that a few years ago. It was out of a holstein x jersey cow bred hereford. And another one this year except she has more black on her face out of a holstein x hereford cow bred red angus.

The calf looks as though my bull got to her mama, but seeing that you're in TN not TX, I guess I can't offer any help. I like the calf though.

Cute cute! Love the color pattern.. would make a great wallhanging! Unfortunately they'll probably dock you at the sale barn for it.. anything that is black and white they'll call a "holstein".

The horsey folks would love that pattern....
I'd love to have him in my pasture...just don't get the response to the pictures at the market when you have all black calves.
I lost a dinner or two this past spring betting with Susie on the calves colors.
DMc

could that black and white simmentalx bull be that baby's daddy? simmis tend to spot legs up like that sometimes.

Are you sure some neighbor's dalmation dog didn't take your cow on a date? Maybe the dog liked 'big girls'.

I got a couple like that right here in the Great State of Oklahoma. Out of black cows and black bulls. I guessed at some point an ancestor was a Holstien beef cross, but what do I know.

what sex is that calf. before you sell that calf, let me know . if you ever do. My kids would love that calf.

SL that calf is beautiful ;and I have never seen a Holstein painted as pretty as that, there has to be multitudes of backgrounds in that one.

Latest posts