What do you think of these 3 Gals?

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Just bought them this afternoon from a Feller who's calling it quits for now.He just sold off their 2nd Calves.They are all bred back 2 months +.

MVC-025S.jpg

MVC-024S.jpg

well i sure do like those gals.looks like a set of calf raisers.you did good picking them up.

I like the middle one. She is drying up. Can't tell much about the others except the one on the right is heavy for her size.

Crowderfarms":yu0xml09 said:
Just bought them this afternoon from a Feller who's calling it quits for now.He just sold off their 2nd Calves.They are all bred back 2 months +.

MVC-025S.jpg

MVC-024S.jpg
Crowderfarms-

Depending on the number of breeding cows in your Foundation herd, and whether these three are similar in type to the rest of your herd, you could have a great "Basic Foundation" (Phenotypically) to begin a 'breeding UP' program. These three are reasonably well structured with average or higher Functional traits (feet, legs, level toplines, good mammary structure from what we can see, body capacity, and fleshing ability. They appear docile (not ready to take out the photographer!), and generally are in the "ball park" to begin to use a Terminal Bull to start a knockout crossbreeding program! You might use an Angus, Red Angus, Gelpvieh, Murray Grey or Charolais bull (Purebred, of course to "set" your breeding program), keep the top ??? BEST heifers, and continue with the same breeding plans next year until the retained heifers are ready to breed. Then go to another breed of bull and compare the resulting Genetics and Phenotype. Six or eight years from now you could have a very consistant and standardized cow herd, plus the knowledge of exactly what kind of Genetics your entire herd is comprised. With that knowledge, you have the tools to be able to select the way you want to direct your breeding program - besides some extremely good producers after several years of RUTHLESS CULLING!

There are many good breeds which I didn't mention. In a crossbreeding program it is extremely important to use the VERY BEST BULL you can afford - or even better than you can afford! That saves you YEARS of experimenting and will make you PROFIT!

DOC HARRIS

They look pretty good. The middle one looks to have a bad udder. I like the other two very well. Depends on what you had to pay for them. They all may look good if the price was right.

Rustler9":22n03z4t said:
They look pretty good. The middle one looks to have a bad udder. I like the other two very well. Depends on what you had to pay for them. They all may look good if the price was right.
They all have great sacks.Just had Calves pulled off them in the last short while.The one on the far right is too heavy I believe.The feller over fed IMHO.

These remarks are always so entertaining

Yes for sure good cows and very well fed, especially for having had their calves just pulled off.

Funny :D If you showed picks of thin range cows, few would like them. phenotypically :lol: Their just fat, body score 8. people are always confusing condition for quality.

I really like them. You did good. #3 and #1 look great. #2 looks good but would look great if she weren't standing between #3 and #1. :D

Crowderfarms":1z9wu6vz said:
Why not":1z9wu6vz said:
left to right 1300 1150 1500 :p

I'll have to go along with those #'s Why Not.Got to be within 50 lbs. of their wt.Good guess from a pic.

It's good to see a moderate weight Lim influenced cow at 1150. She ain't something I look at everyday. Our smaller ones would look like her and weigh more.

It is kinda had to tell from pics.

Why not":27cas18y said:
Crowder whats the market for animals like those in your area? I know you are really having a rough year because of the dry weather. They are all three keepers in my book.
I gave $525.00 a round for them.Straight off the farm.

Crowderfarms":29g4rymz said:
Why not":29g4rymz said:
Crowder whats the market for animals like those in your area? I know you are really having a rough year because of the dry weather. They are all three keepers in my book.
I gave $525.00 a round for them.Straight off the farm.
for that kind of bread theres no way you can lose on them.

They usually would run close to that here too. BUT with the drought situation, and hay being so short supplied, I think we're going to see a lot of good buys sooner than later in this area.

Cow # 1 nice cow

Cow # 2 wierd eyes looks like an alien. Worth keeping just to see the mother ship someday

Cow # 3 if she was in the same pasture as the other 2 and just weaned a calf I'll take 10 just like her

Just kidding about # 2 she's a nice cow.

Latest posts