What do you think about this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
2012_08060034.JPG

2012_08060028.JPG

What's our charolais cross bull. In photos he is 20 months old. His mother is 2nd generation charolais cross cow, father is our angus cross bull.

I have sure seen a lot worse on here! He reminds me a lot of our Bennett Kingpin son!

Taurus":3oapy5sn said:
Nice bull! And he is really docile for sure! What is your goals of using a crossbred bull on the commerical cows?
Thanks. We've used our bull because we weren't able to buy a bull. Last 2 years we've used our bulls, but 6 years before we were buying semen from vet, but we weren't very happy of calves results and it was expensive , so we decided to use our bulls, and now we're happy of our bull's results. We're thinking to buy a bull next year. So our bulls were like an intermediate variant before buying a bull.

3waycross":2z1aep00 said:
Taurus":2z1aep00 said:
Nice bull! And he is really docile for sure! What is your goals of using a crossbred bull on the commerical cows?

Probably so you could find something to argue about. :mad:
Sigh....why are you just making assumptions? Where I am hinting of an arguement?

Now take a chill pill and have Merry Christmas, Grinch.

Black and Good":3p932sfk said:
I think he needs his hooves trimed. Put together decent. Sure is gentle. :welcome:
What's the purpose/benefit of keeping their hooves trimmed? Thanks in advance.

I like the bull. Your area reminds me of where I live. It's interesting to see.

Kingfisher":1flwtyma said:
Black and Good":1flwtyma said:
I think he needs his hooves trimed. Put together decent. Sure is gentle. :welcome:

Kind of like us, if we wear crappy shoes, it's bad for our feet, for animals having them toes growing too long can make them walk goofy to compensate the long "shoes". Over time, they might have structure issues or have an uneven gait, from walking all wonky all the time if toes are too long.

Plus if he's going to be mounting your cows, you want him to have as good of feet as possible to stay in good shape, kind of like athletes have specialized shoes for their sports. He'll last longer with maintenance.

He's a good looking bull otherwise. I hope he passes his gentle nature.

glacierridge":1gz9a34s said:
Kingfisher":1gz9a34s said:
Black and Good":1gz9a34s said:

Kind of like us, if we wear crappy shoes, it's bad for our feet, for animals having them toes growing too long can make them walk goofy to compensate the long "shoes". Over time, they might have structure issues or have an uneven gait, from walking all wonky all the time if toes are too long.

More accurately they have structural issues and therefore an uneven gait and thus develop foot issues.

His dam is a helluva cow though, how is she bred?

Thanks :) His dam is 2nd generation charolais cross cow, that means that her mother born from dairy cow x charolais bull, and then we crossed this 1st generation charolais cross cow with charolais bull, so now we've 2nd generation cow(her name is Princess :D ) which you can see in photos :)

glacierridge":flx6i9w2 said:
Nice fleshy cattle though!!
The 1/2 dairy 1/2 beef cow sure is impressive!!
Would've not guessed she has so much dairy influence if any.

Read his post again. She is 1/4 dairy

Latest posts