what do yall think of these heifers?

Help Support CattleToday:

topsquar":13wcdgm0 said:
dun":13wcdgm0 said:
Too much hair!

dun

are you on drugs??? :shock:

i would like all those heifers in my herd ;-)

Those hairy devils aren't appropriate for our purposes. Good looking heifers, just way too much hair

dun

dun":18dmi0j9 said:
topsquar":18dmi0j9 said:
dun":18dmi0j9 said:
Too much hair!

dun

Those hairy devils aren't appropriate for our purposes. Good looking heifers, just way too much hair

dun

you must be in the tropics, you need long ears, sheaths and ribs :lol:

topsquar":33btkkow said:

Nope, in the real world where cows have to get out and work for a living. No beaty parlors, only get a bath when it rains and getting their hair brushed is by walking through brush.

dun

dun":2z9dyd4w said:
topsquar":2z9dyd4w said:

Nope, in the real world where cows have to get out and work for a living. No beaty parlors, only get a bath when it rains and getting their hair brushed is by walking through brush.

dun

Now thats funny Dun you are going to cause some of these people to have to go to therapy with there cows.

Caustic Burno":3f44tgx5 said:
dun":3f44tgx5 said:
topsquar":3f44tgx5 said:

dun

Now thats funny Dun you are going to cause some of these people to have to go to therapy with there cows.

Went to a Shorthorn sale last week-end. The were sure some pretty animals, most froofrooed up like a bunch of poodles at Westminster. The part I couldn;t get over was yearlings the size of my heifers that are calving and mature cows that were bigger then most Holsteins. Not the kind of animal that would make it around here, or at least here on our farm.

dun

dun":66bbrgf6 said:
topsquar":66bbrgf6 said:
dun":66bbrgf6 said:
Too much hair!

dun

dun

Dun, if they have to much hair you just have to clip a little more off ;-) Do you keep your cattle clipped a lot shorter than these? :D

aplusmnt":nt47ax87 said:
Dun, if they have to much hair you just have to clip a little more off ;-) Do you keep your cattle clipped a lot shorter than these? :D

They clip themselves in the spring by rubbing off their winter coat. I do brush the oxen daily though.

dun

dun":15v0dhx5 said:
aplusmnt":15v0dhx5 said:

They clip themselves in the spring by rubbing off their winter coat. I do brush the oxen daily though.

dun

Well if you decide you need some help, I got a number of a kid in your area that will come out and clip them things for you, to keep the hair shorter ;-)

You know - I have gone through the thought processes of "dolling -up" cattle to make it easier to LIE about what they really are underneath all that hair, and oil, and stick-um, and paint, and chalk, and injecting fat under the hide in places to make them "Appear smooth and more desirable" - - and I have finally settled on my personal philosophy regarding all that crap! The breeder is "Telling a LIE and Selling a LIE" when he does ANYTHING which masks or COVERS UP what an animal REALLY IS! I am okay with cleaning them up so you can see what they really are - but making a "silk purse out of a Sows ear" is Bull Pucky at it's best. And it is doing the novice breeder a dis-service by not teaching them what good Phenotype really should be.

And while we are on the subject of Lying, I'll tell you all another thing that really ticks me off! It is - - - -no, I guess I'll keep that one to myself!

DOC HARRIS

Believe it or not fellers, heifers like that can be and are very productive. As long as they are raised right they will have a long and prosperous life in a commercial herd in the real world.
I have calves that do it every year.

certherfbeef":1l3ceagx said:
Believe it or not fellers, heifers like that can be and are very productive. As long as they are raised right they will have a long and prosperous life in a commercial herd in the real world.
I have calves that do it every year.

It certainly is a nice fitting job on those heifers, but if you wet them down real good you can get a good idea what their real frame looks like w/o all the nice straight hair lines covering it up. I like the black and white heifer. She appears the most feminine without the fitting, fatting, and excess hair to go with it that the others have.

MikeC":u8g2iioh said:
The white on definitely has more depth. My favorite phenotypical trait.

Oh, come off it, Mike. We all know you just like her 'cause she's white. ;-)

Kent":5w81pols said:
MikeC":5w81pols said:
The white on definitely has more depth. My favorite phenotypical trait.

Oh, come off it, Mike. We all know you just like her 'cause she's white. ;-)

White might be the tie-breaker in a close call. ;-)

Latest posts