what do quality cattle look like?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":bwfipxob said:
Imo cattle like that are how you make money in this business. It's really amazing how little I do for those cattle. My cost per calf on them is really low.
They do make some awesome mama cows and raise big healthy pricey calves. Just hard to beat but I'm just to danged old to mess with them anymore. Do love to see a pasture full of them though.

Brute I was not saying anything bad about your cattle when I said I would have banded them horns. I was only saying how I would have done it if they were mine , and no I would not have run them through the shoot just to band the horns it would have been done sometime when I was doing something else to them. I also would not bother with them now ,it would have been did as soon as they are big enough to band.
just wanted to make sure you knew I was bad mouthing your cattle

Your good Bryant. I knew what you were saying. :)

It kind of looks like botched dehorning jobs. We go some of those cattle when we took over that lease place. Guy was getting out of the cattle business and we bought the cattle from him. Most of them were around 3 already.

fenceman":zpqm382g said:
Here's one of my heifers I've selectively bred them to be easy to catch

this ones easy to catch to :lol:
i don't know how he got like that :lol:

Sold cattle yesterday. Cows bought as old breds last year and their calves. Despite poor prices I can claim a fair profit I think.
Intended on reuping on the same and did buy three beat up heavy breads.
But Couldn't keep my hands in my pocket on these second calf Hereford 3:1s. 5 months bred to brangus bull. 1 Heifer calf the same.
2 had 550 pound steers I left at the sale.
Hope you like em ez. :D

Heifer calf I split into the weaning pen with my heifers right off the trailer

Fence what auction do you do business with, I use Lockhart Auction which is only 3 miles from my place. Gonzales and Seguin Auction are within 25 miles of me. I have bought cattle at Jordan auction in San Saba , they always have special replacement sales usually with 3000 head . They always have quality cattle.

they look good fence i've been thinking of buying some myself but if i do i might have to feed hay in the summer we've never had a calf born on our property so id like to get some bred cows but don't want to feed hay all summer

cowboy43":13njgi8o said:
Fence what auction do you do business with, I use Lockhart Auction which is only 3 miles from my place. Gonzales and Seguin Auction are within 25 miles of me. I have bought cattle at Jordan auction in San Saba , they always have special replacement sales usually with 3000 head . They always have quality cattle.

Almost exclusively lampasas. My grandfather always traded there. I know the owner to be extremely honest. If he spots a defect or a possible crooked deal. He'll call it out in front of everyone.
I get up to gatesville occasionally.
And to Jordan's from time to time.
Jordan's replacement sales draw people from, nation wide. You better have your checkbook loaded to go to one.
You keep your ear to the ground some of those same cattle will.go through lampasas

Brute 23":3fqqbobi said:
I like that last heifer but I would get a bull on here and palpated asap. When I take really nice heifers to the auction barn, there is usually a reason.

I think she's little young to go see the bull. Been given a shot of luyt, jic.
the Hereford s where bought as a lot. 3, 3 in ,1s. I left the two steers to be resold.

You don't like the cows.,?

Latest posts