what do quality cattle look like?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":f2rs5b1v said:
For our operation this is what I consider quality cattle. These are proven cattle that are tough as nails. All they need is water and a bull and they will do the rest. This is kind of a motely looking group but they do pretty good with an Angus bull across them. I have proven heifers back in production out of this group that are just as good as their mommas.

Some one was talking about Angus X Beefmaster and getting a motely face calf. I'm a sucker for one too. ;-)

You can see them ol high headed mommas keeping a close eye on me walking up to their calves. :lol2:

Ran some just like that in my younger days when I could still do a 4.5 forty.
Mind says I still can brain wakes and keeps saying who are you shyting.
Started moving to a little less athletic bovine about 50 . I prefer for them to move like molasses in
the winter time now.

Caustic Burno":1s3yhg1x said:
Brute 23":1s3yhg1x said:
For our operation this is what I consider quality cattle. These are proven cattle that are tough as nails. All they need is water and a bull and they will do the rest. This is kind of a motely looking group but they do pretty good with an Angus bull across them. I have proven heifers back in production out of this group that are just as good as their mommas.

Some one was talking about Angus X Beefmaster and getting a motely face calf. I'm a sucker for one too. ;-)

You can see them ol high headed mommas keeping a close eye on me walking up to their calves. :lol2:

Ran some just like that in my younger days when I could still do a 4.5 forty.
Mind says I still can brain wakes and keeps saying who are you shyting.
Started moving to a little less athletic bovine about 50 . I prefer for them to move like molasses in
the winter time now.
4.5 forty thats dang good i cant run that fast and i was a running back for 6 years

Here are a couple photos of cattle, which I like the most from how they look. Most are still in our farm.

DSCF2993.jpg

10517922_647523285337713_303463853944105163_o.jpg

DSCF3293.jpg

DSCF2999.jpg
Angusx dairy cow.
DSCF2998.jpg

2014_06230023.JPG

2014_08160017.JPG

2014_10170002.JPG

2013_08260013.JPG

2011_10300002.JPG

2012_09060009.JPG

2012_11110044.JPG

Brute 23 I like your cattle ,I would have banded them horns as soon as they were big enough to band, but that said I still like them they look like calf raisers.
There has been a lot of nice cattle posted on this thread
I guess if I did not like Brahman cross cattle my next cow I would go for would be Shorthorns I have seen some of them that could do a great job raising a calf also, I kind of like them also.

Brute 23":1woevuzu said:
Thanks

No need to run from these cattle. I cube them regularly. They all come in the pens. I usually work them by myself or with my dad... slow and easy.

The calves will eat out of my hand.

Never seen a F1 on any given day that couldn't explode if you want to make old man
remember that.

Caustic Burno":1qtdz51n said:
Brute 23":1qtdz51n said:
Thanks

No need to run from these cattle. I cube them regularly. They all come in the pens. I usually work them by myself or with my dad... slow and easy.

The calves will eat out of my hand.

Never seen a F1 on any given day that couldn't explode if you want to make old man
remember that.

Probably why Brute didn't band those horns when they were babies, or yearlings or yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caustic Burno":2vjevr3d said:
TB I want the concession stand rights for that event.

NO joke. You can put her in a headgate and slap a big set of keystone dehorners on her and she'll still nearly beat you to death against the headgate.

TexasBred":3hqk4wgz said:
Caustic Burno":3hqk4wgz said:
TB I want the concession stand rights for that event.

NO joke. You can put her in a headgate and slap a big set of keystone dehorners on her and she'll still nearly beat you to death against the headgate.
You better able to get somewhere high quick when you open that head gate as well.
Been to those rodeos and forget penning her again for at least 3 months.

bball":3kq7e27t said:
Seeing CB and Brutes cattle sure makes me miss living in Tx.
Makes me think southern cattle look weird. I like seeing them even with the big ears and curved back :)

TB those keystones made me laugh and brought a real dose of reality back.
In 2011 I was toothin a bunch for my neighbor couple of girls blew through the
automatic head gate on the fight. I hate automatic catches.
One girl I grabbed with the nose tongs like to beat me
to death. I have a pair with 18 inch handles that usually give you real control, girl
yanked them away from me and the rodeo was on.

Ez those big eared cattle will make a cattleman out of you or you will
get under the porch. I can not believe we used to do most of our work
off a horse with the cow dallied up to a tree. Wonder we didn't get killed,
you better have real working pens if one ever gets on the fight.