What Did you get for Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I got a hernia surgery and while in recovery got a massive heart attack. Got shocked 2 times ( yes it hurts) and a 100% blockage cleaned out and a stint put in.

kenny thomas":24bk4a53 said:
I got a hernia surgery and while in recovery got a massive heart attack. Got shocked 2 times ( yes it hurts) and a 100% blockage cleaned out and a stint put in.

Thank God you are still with us, wow Kenny how very terrifying.

Keeping you in my prayers and sending lots of luv! :heart:

Sorry for your problems. If you are posting you must be on the mend. Might have been better to find out about the blockage the way you did instead of having the heart attack away from immediate care. That may have saved you.

tom4018":ccujiqlb said:
Sorry for your problems. If you are posting you must be on the mend. Might have been better to find out about the blockage the way you did instead of having the heart attack away form immediate care. That may have saved you.
I agree Tom, they said if I had been anywhere besides in the recovery room I would have died. Worse part is I had an EKG a week earlier and it should fine. Sure is nice to have fescue stockpiled for the cows. Hope they are taking care of themselves. Been almost 2 weeks since I seen them.

Aaron":mtprdm2s said:
Obviously you got the gift that just kept on giving. :shock:
Someone better send him a membership to the jelly of the month club, to brighten his day.

Get better soon, Kenny.

Glad you are ok.. Kenny those beta blockers make you feel like crap that's the worst you will probably have to deal with afterwards.

kenny thomas":i1kaii0o said:
Dang Princess. Got the full pull did you! God bless you! Merry Christmas!

Jogeephus":1viyhplz said:
Glad you are on the mend. Better have it happen there than in the woods battling a head fire.
Jo, I wonder how that will effect me next time I go on a fire. Mentally as much or more than physically. 42 years of firefighting might just be enough. I wanted to hit 50 years on the fire line so we will see.

kenny thomas":1g6nqkdw said:
Jogeephus":1g6nqkdw said:
Glad you are on the mend. Better have it happen there than in the woods battling a head fire.
Jo, I wonder how that will effect me next time I go on a fire. Mentally as much or more than physically. 42 years of firefighting might just be enough. I wanted to hit 50 years on the fire line so we will see.......Got shocked 2 times ( yes it hurts) and a 100% blockage cleaned out and a stint put in.
How did they "clean out" the blockage and what artery was blocked?

My heart surgery has not affected me too much mentally--probably wanting to, trying, and doing way more than I physically should be doing and attempting at this stage, but it don't take much to put me in nap mode now.

greybeard":2oqtyq6k said:
kenny thomas":2oqtyq6k said:
Jogeephus":2oqtyq6k said:
Jo, I wonder how that will effect me next time I go on a fire. Mentally as much or more than physically. 42 years of firefighting might just be enough. I wanted to hit 50 years on the fire line so we will see.......Got shocked 2 times ( yes it hurts) and a 100% blockage cleaned out and a stint put in.
How did they "clean out" the blockage and what artery was blocked?

My heart surgery has not affected me too much mentally--probably wanting to, trying, and doing way more than I physically should be doing and attempting at this stage, but it don't take much to put me in nap mode now.
Greybeard, it was the big atrery at the front of the heart. Widow marker was what they called it but I'm sure that's not the name. They went into my groin and up into the heart to clean it out and put in the stint. I have no clue what they done even though they came in whileI was still on a heart pump and ventelator and told me. Like I was going to remember. I was under for over 24 hours and don't remember much the next 24.
I am already worrying about getting things done so it is bothering me mentally. If I can get well enough to get to my cattle barn I have some liquid nerve medicine there that will help. :banana:

I have been there. Cardio rehab will help a lot to get back to somewhat normal and help the mental issues we all have. I had bypass surgery around 10 years ago and was good for about 9 years but then had to have a stent put in. Expect to have some dresion and a lot of anxiety. Please let someone know if you have this. There is no reason to suffer if you can get some help.
Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

Latest posts