What Did you get for Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":3a48uk2h said:
Jogeephus":3a48uk2h said:
Glad you are on the mend. Better have it happen there than in the woods battling a head fire.
Jo, I wonder how that will effect me next time I go on a fire. Mentally as much or more than physically. 42 years of firefighting might just be enough. I wanted to hit 50 years on the fire line so we will see.

After your healing period you will feel better than you did before the event.

What's going to suck are the meds you will be on the rest of your life. These seem to make your joints sore in the morning and the blood thinners will make you bleed like a stuck pig at the tiniest scratch and since you work in the woods like me you can imagine how lovely this will be. Or maybe its just age. I don't know.

I've worked mostly seven day weeks now for 46 years and am thinking about slowing it down some myself but its hard to do that when so many people are depending on you and all you know is work. Its a hard call. To make it you'll have to admit to yourself you are no longer a spring chicken and that in itself is a pretty tough admission to make. Just take it day at a time is all I can say.

Oh, and mentally, I think you will work smarter and be less apt to chase butterflies. (butterflies=frivolous jobs and requests) After mine, I made a rule I follow and it is this, "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." (With your job I think you know what I'm talking about here)

Take it easy and do what they say til the stint gets set.

Hate all that happened to you kt, but glad your on the rebound. Wow 42 yrs of service is along time, im assuming by some of the talk your a wildland firefighter. Is my assumption correct? Hope you continue to recovery well.

Sd1030":1aw6l5iq said:
Hate all that happened to you kt, but glad your on the rebound. Wow 42 yrs of service is along time, im assuming by some of the talk your a wildland firefigther. Is my assumption correct? Hope you continue to recovery well.
Yes wild land firefighter for 42 years November 1st.

Thats awesome, my hats off to you. Im a regular firefighter and i think what yall do is alot more difficult.

kenny thomas":7etf7gol said:
Greybeard, it was the big atrery at the front of the heart. Widow marker was what they called it but I'm sure that's not the name. They went into my groin and up into the heart to clean it out and put in the stint. I have no clue what they done even though they came in whileI was still on a heart pump and ventelator and told me. Like I was going to remember. I was under for over 24 hours and don't remember much the next 24.
I am already worrying about getting things done so it is bothering me mentally. If I can get well enough to get to my cattle barn I have some liquid nerve medicine there that will help. :banana:
http://myheart.net/articles/the-widowmaker/
I had 95% block there and 3 others--they did a quad bypass.

Kenny, I heard bout a week ago you were on life support and barely above ground. With what you have already been through I felt for you. Sounds like you are on the mend. If you need any help, email or call as I am bout 10 minutes away.

kenny thomas":2rcee7ee said:
I got a hernia surgery and while in recovery got a massive heart attack. Got shocked 2 times ( yes it hurts) and a 100% blockage cleaned out and a stint put in.

Dang boy you are blessed you are still looking at the flowers from the bloom side.
Hope you a speedy recovery.
I got the best Christmas present ever my biscuit maker is on the mend.

jltrent":2o87uhhr said:
Kenny, I heard bout a week ago you were on life support and barely above ground. With what you have already been through I felt for you. Sounds like you are on the mend. If you need any help, email or call as I am bout 10 minutes away.

I hope he will take you up on that very kind offer. I have a hunch you'll need to just show up at his doorstep. If I weren't 5 hours away I'd join you.

Dang, KT! Sorry about all that. Looks like the "club" grew a little larger. When I had mine I didn't have anyone around to let me know the things that could go on. I didn't understand the depression and it took a while to get it figured out. Anyway, glad you're hanging with us!

Glad to hear you are still with us!! The most blessed gift! Merry Christmas Kenny, Heal well, and take care of yourself!

just be glad you was in the hospital when you had your heart attack.my dad had his 1st heart attack as he was in the hospital for something else like you.hope you dont have another heart attack this sametime next year.

Sorry to hear that. dad had 99 present blockage in his widow maker he was racing when he had his heart attack they only had 3 laps left so he just kept the hammer down after the race he was puking blood and couldn't breathe the EMT checked him out and said he fine so he want got up the next day and went to work I made mom go get him and take him to the hospital he feels better now then he had in a long time

hillsdown":2d9tkyq2 said:
kenny thomas":2d9tkyq2 said:
I got a hernia surgery and while in recovery got a massive heart attack. Got shocked 2 times ( yes it hurts) and a 100% blockage cleaned out and a stint put in.

Thank God you are still with us, wow Kenny how very terrifying.

Keeping you in my prayers and sending lots of luv! :heart:

What she said!!

Good Lord Kenny! I am so glad that you are still here!

So sorry to hear that Kenny, hope you have a speedy recovery, and do as the Doc says as a heart attack is no picnic. God Bless and enjoy the rest of the holiday season. :heart: