What Could She Possibly Have Been Thinking?

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
VERY DISTURBING!

Ohio Detective: Drunk Mother Murdered Baby With Microwave
Friday , July 20, 2007

DAYTON, Ohio —

Investigators looked throughout China Arnold's home to find whatever fatally burned the woman's infant, finally identifying a kitchen appliance, a detective said.

"That microwave was the murder weapon," detective Michael Galbraith testified Thursday at a hearing to determine if Arnold will stand trial on aggravated murder charges in the death of her month-old daughter, Paris Talley.

Arnold, 26, has pleaded not guilty in Paris' death on Aug. 30, 2005. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Galbraith testified that Arnold told him during his initial questioning: "If I hadn't gotten so drunk, I guess my baby wouldn't have died."

But under questioning from defense attorney Jon Paul Rion, Galbraith acknowledged that Arnold told him she did not know how the baby suffered the burns and that she could not recall having anything to do with it.

Prosecutors and police say the infant had high-heat internal injuries but no external burn marks, evidence that led the coroner to conclude the infant had been placed in a microwave. Galbraith said the infant's DNA was found in the home's microwave, though he acknowledged that evidence does not establish who put the baby inside.

Rion has said that Arnold took the baby to the hospital after finding her unconscious at home. He said she told hospital officials she did not know what happened to the child.

Rion also said the police's request for an arrest warrant contained inconsistent statements and omitted information.

Rion has asked the court to bar any evidence that was seized, any observations made by police and any statements that may have been made by Arnold after her arrest, which he said violated his client's constitutional rights.

Judge John Kessler ruled that prosecutors can use some of Arnold's statements at trial. He said he would decide later whether other statements and physical evidence would be admitted.

That really sucks. What do you do with someone who is THAT disturbed?
I'm not particularly religious, but the devil really exists. Nothing else can explain this.

john250":2fjzdhd8 said:
I'm not particularly religious, but the devil really exists. Nothing else can explain this.

I vote for a bullet between the eyes.

pdfangus":2quszwo4 said:
john250":2quszwo4 said:

No, no no!!!

She is misgiuded. She has had a difficult life. She needs a hand up. Her education is lacking. It is the fault of society that we have allowed this type of thing to happen.

She can be rehabilitated. She can become a solid member of our society.

Her parents are to blame.

Somehow I think the lawyers and psychology folks will find a way to blame the media, the government and perhaps even blame you and me.

The above comments were made in jest - just in case someone takes me seriously. This one does not deserve a second chance.

Bez>

Hit it right on the head Bez.
Shooting is too good for her, it's too quick. Hanging is better.

Excuses are like a**holes, everybodies got one and they all stink.

pdfangus":1s8nubwq said:
john250":1s8nubwq said:

Naw, I vote for putting her in the micro. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I just don't see how any logical person, drunk or not, coud do such a thing. :mad:

Bez>":25rdi6le said:
pdfangus":25rdi6le said:
john250":25rdi6le said:

No, no no!!!

She is misgiuded. She has had a difficult life. She needs a hand up. Her education is lacking. It is the fault of society that we have allowed this type of thing to happen.

Somehow I think the lawyers and psychology folks will find a way to blame the media, the government and perhaps even blame you and me.

The above comments were made in jest - just in case someone takes me seriously. This one does not deserve a second chance.

Bez>

Although I do believe that it takes a messed up person to do something like that, I do believe that she has to be suffering some sort of mental disorder. I can't imagine someone, even the the depths of drunkeness, doing something like that.

That said, I still believe that she, and others like her, (think post-partum psychosis), are still responsible for their actions and should be held legally accountable.

There was a lady in Plano that cut off her baby's arms with a knife one day and let her die. Then she calmly called the police and told them that she had given the baby back to God. Do I feel for her? I feel for her, and I want her to get help, but the deed is done. I don't think that it is right for a woman to murder a child and them claim they shouldn't be punished because she was crazy at the time.

I don't think this woman should see the outside of a prison again. Nor any other who commits these vile acts.

About 20 years ago a woman in Urbana killed her two little boys ages 1 and 3. Can't remember exactly how but I think she stabbed them numerous times. She was diagnosed with some sort of depression and placed in a hospital. I think it was about 3 years later she was declared "cured" and set free. Caused quite an uproar around here.

As far as the original post goes, sounds like they may have a hard time proving she put the baby in the microwave. Who knows, maybe she was passed out drunk and someone else such as the child's father did it. Either way, somebody did it and that person is as evil as they come.

pdfangus":3qqofutb said:
john250":3qqofutb said:

I disagree, but only because that would be to quick. Dear God in Heaven, what kind of a person would do such a thing?

post natal depression can cause a woman to do strange things and mixed with drink, can and often is fatal, I am not condoning what she has done or making excuses for her, as my initial thoughts are a long slow lingering death is what is needed. But first make sure all the facts are straight, She may need a lot of psyciatric help.

Lammie,

What did they ever do to that woman? I haven't heard anything about it lately.

chrisy":7xgxp5xl said:
post natal depression can cause a woman to do strange things and mixed with drink, can and often is fatal, I am not condoning what she has done or making excuses for her, as my initial thoughts are a long slow lingering death is what is needed. But first make sure all the facts are straight, She may need a lot of psyciatric help.

Part of the problem with this world is there's always a guilt plea with an "Explanantion".Big word called ACCOUNTABILITY. You do a crime, we need to stop feeling sorry for the defendants, and let them suffer a due course.Stop blaming things on medical conditions,TV, movies, video games, upbringing child growing up conditions or whatever else comes into play.

Get a Rope.

Crowderfarms":216hok15 said:
Part of the problem with this world is there's always a guilt plea with an "Explanantion".Big word called ACCOUNTABILITY. You do a crime, we need to stop feeling sorry for the defendants, and let them suffer a due course.Stop blaming things on medical conditions,TV, movies, video games, upbringing child growing up conditions or whatever else comes into play.

Get a Rope.

Precedence. I'd love to tell all the idiots: "The last person who did that crime was tarred and feathered, forced to watch Oprah for hours and hours, staked out in a fire ant bed for two days, and then hanged. Do you want to be next?"

jw":2iqqf549 said:
Lammie,

What did they ever do to that woman? I haven't heard anything about it lately.

She was declared incompetent to stand trial and she now resides in the State Mental Institution. I am not sure. I am betting they have her in Vernon. After that, she may land in Rusk where my ex-husband works. One of the people on his caseload is the woman from Houston who drowned her kids.

Lammie":2sfu09lo said:
Bez>":2sfu09lo said:
pdfangus":2sfu09lo said:
john250":2sfu09lo said:

No, no no!!!

Bez>

Although I do believe that it takes a messed up person to do something like that, I do believe that she has to be suffering some sort of mental disorder. I can't imagine someone, even the the depths of drunkeness, doing something like that.

That said, I still believe that she, and others like her, (think post-partum psychosis), are still responsible for their actions and should be held legally accountable.

There was a lady in Plano that cut off her baby's arms with a knife one day and let her die. Then she calmly called the police and told them that she had given the baby back to God. Do I feel for her? I feel for her, and I want her to get help, but the deed is done. I don't think that it is right for a woman to murder a child and them claim they shouldn't be punished because she was crazy at the time.

I don't think this woman should see the outside of a prison again. Nor any other who commits these vile acts.

Its quite a loophole. She killed the baby in a such a horrible way so therefore she must be crazy to have killed it in such a horrible way. I SAY SEND HER TO GOD AND LET HIM DECIDE HER TRUE INTENTIONS AND LUCIDITY!!! :mad: :mad:

Latest posts