What can I expect?

Help Support CattleToday:

We have one here, along with two regular old feed stores. I go there occasionally. They have a fair selection of feed, hardware, and some clothes. I hardly ever buy feed there because I'm not fond of loading it myself. Both of the regular feed stores have people to do that for me.

Rafter S":3r8uvlsl said:
We have one here, along with two regular old feed stores. I go there occasionally. They have a fair selection of feed, hardware, and some clothes.

Along with magazines, books and general pet supplies.

I do not go there often, perhaps once a year maybe. The one that I have been to; the prices are high on most items and the employees are fairly clueless about the items in the store.

Their feed prices are high to me, they have some cheaper sweet feed. For feeding calves their feed would take all the profit out of it, they are ok for some things in a pinch. Have a decent selection of some farm hardware. Some fence supplies are at an ok price.

Yep, not the place to buy the bulk of your feed, but they are handy--and hardheaded. If it's like the one that moved in here early year, expect them to order and stock whatever corporate tells them to--not necessarily what the producers in your area need or want. I cornered the manager at their grand opening after I walked thru to see whatthey had, and told him--Don't run out of cubes anytime, from March til Late fall don't run out of Remedy, Grazon or surfactant--winter, don't run out of 24% 200lb lick tubs or range meal. I went in there in June to pick up some Remedy--not a drop on the shelves, but they had gallons and gallons of glycosphate under 3-4 different brands--------and 2 cases of Sendero. (They beat everybody in 90 miles on their prices of Remedy.) I cornered the manager again and read him the riot act about Sendero and Remedy. "Won't keep Remedy in stock, but you will keep 2 cases of Sendero?? I bet you haven't sold a single gallon of it--it's for mesquite and there ain't a mesquite tree in 60 miles of here in any direction".
His answer--"Well, we have other herbicides--there's plenty of roundup and our brand of it" :roll: :roll: :bang: :bang: :bang:
You gotta stay after 'em--they don't know benice if you don't.

I tell myself I hate TSC, but I end up there atleast once a week. My cattle feed comes bulk delivery, and there horse feed doesn't intrest me. They have a lot of other farm goods, and some clothes. A very good bolt selection. I wait for a sale, or discount to come in the mail, and buy up fence post etc.

We just got one here in buna . Their 20% cube price is 3 dollars cheaper than the feed store. Since I only use them to pen cows I haven't looked at the label to compare the feed value . Chemical s are cheaper . As well as fence supplies. They are also open when I come in from work .

If you have a newer diesel truck that use DEF it's a good place to buy it. 9$ for the 2 1/2 gallon that cost about 12$ most places. Everything else seems high.

Just expect to serve yourself and don't ask questions because seldom do you find anyone who knows a dam thing about what they're selling especially in the feed department. Most of the feed is old and pretty trashy. Too much is sold in 40 lb. bags making you have to do the math to determine if you're getting a bargain or screwed....I've bought some hardware type stuff there with good prices but you better know what you want when you walk in cause again..there ain't much help.

I agree with most of the comments above. Their prices are a little higher than I like. One thing I do like about having a local TS is that I can buy just about anything I'd ever need for farming, if they don't stock it at the local store, I can order it online and have it delivered to the store without a shipping charge. We have another feed store in town but TS is the only store that carries supplies.

I also read on their website that the store manager has the authority to give a discount on large quantities or purchases. I bought all last years fencing supplies and a squeeze shoot at TS. They did not offer or advertise the discount at the store, but when I mentioned that I saw the discount option on line,the store manager gave me 15% off store price on both. Don't be afraid to ask for a better price.

The other good thing I've noticed is they seem to regularly send me coupons. Some are garbage with too many stipulations, but I get some that are 15% off anything in the store with no limit on purchase.

Its a great store for weekends when your out of something and got to have it. I buy a lot of hardware items. And chemicals from them. Pretty good selection of hyd hose and fittings. Batteries are good too. Plumbing section is pretty decent as is the welding section.

I like TSC when the mineral blocks go on sale I buy a pallet. $2.50 cheaper than anywhere else. T-post are also a good deal when there on sale. I buy my bull gates there also, only folks around that carry them. We buy a lot of clothes from there, buy winter clothes in the spring cheap, and summer clothes in the fall. But what I like the best is TSC will match anyone's price on the same item. I've never bought feed there, but when the generic Ivermectin goes on sale we stock up. But to me price matching is the best deal. If you pay to much it's your fault.

They're ok or better than nothing. I agree with all the negative comments from above. They are what they are, if you need some toys they can help.

Larry

I find myself there on Sunday's every now and then. I don't prefer them by any stretch of the imagination but I'm on the go seven days a week and so are they and I can usually find something that will patch whatever I'm working on back together until Monday.

Some years ago we had a pipe busted at the well when I got home from work. Of course the regular hardware store was closed, so I headed to TSC to get the stuff I needed. I went inside and found all the pvc fittings, and I also needed a short piece of pipe, so I went outside to get that. All they had was schedule 10. I couldn't believe it, but that's all they had in the size I needed. So I put all the fittings back where I'd found them and got a galvanized nipple and fittings.

Name'em, I don't know about where you live but there are Del's feed stores all over Western Washington. If you buy at Del's you are already buying from TSC. They bought out Del's 8-10 years ago and just never changed the name.

Named'em Tamed'em":fkpw5u86 said:
Tractor Supply is coming to town, they'll be about 2 miles away. Does anyone have a TS near them. It will be the only feed store in town.

I have one here. The prices are high as crap. I go there when I don't want to take the 30+ minute ride to a real farm store. The feed is high the only thing thats reasonable that I found and goes along with gate prices in my area other that gates too expensive for me. I have a Agri supply that I shop at alot. I needed a new trailer tire 205 75d 15 was 150 bucks at Tractor Supply I waited and went to Agri Supply 97.00 before tax.

I have a TSC and something like it called Atwoods in Waco. TSC has some good prices on dog food and sometimes I can buy cubes really cheap there and I get bolts and stuff there. I don't buy feed from TSC unless I get in a pinch better to buy from local mill it is cheaper and fresher. TSC's tractor equipment is not bad I have a lil shredder to clean up with works pretty good.

wacocowboy":1q3d6645 said:
I have a TSC and something like it called Atwoods in Waco. TSC has some good prices on dog food and sometimes I can buy cubes really cheap there and I get bolts and stuff there. I don't buy feed from TSC unless I get in a pinch better to buy from local mill it is cheaper and fresher. TSC's tractor equipment is not bad I have a lil shredder to clean up with works pretty good.

I spend more money at Atwoods than TSC. I also see better quality at Atwoods on lots of stuff.

slick4591":2sg303h3 said:
wacocowboy":2sg303h3 said:

I spend more money at Atwoods than TSC. I also see better quality at Atwoods on lots of stuff.

I like Atwoods love the junk food and they have more boots, clothing and parts. What I don't like about Atwoods is the bag sizes I hate doing math to figure out who is cheaper, and they are higher on their dog foods and that is what I mainly buy at TSC. I have never purchased Atwoods cubes but have seen them cheaper than TSC.

Latest posts