What breed mix do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

Rainplace

Reaction score
This is an old cow I own and I'm wondering what breeds she might be. She weighs over 1500lbs. This was taken in March. I'm thinking Hereford cross, but she's huge compared to our Herefords.

IMG_1955.jpg

If she had white socks I would have said herefordxsimmental if she isn't straight hereford. Looks a bit too coarse boned to have any angus or shorthorn in her.

ALACOWMAN":1kma0mut said:
location... kinda helps what breeds are popular in your area

Not many people into cattle hereabouts. I live in western Washington. Most of what I see are blacks, reds, and occasionally Herefords.

MichaelB":57eqy5w2 said:
ALACOWMAN":57eqy5w2 said:
xbred":57eqy5w2 said:
straight herford...
dont see many with a high tail set like that

Plus a really long tail, so there is Continental breeding likely.
Granny's switch drags the ground and gets cut every fall. Since she's 100%angus I find the switch length to be a questionable criteria.

Thanks everyone. There was a woman out here last year who grew up raising simmental and she thought that's what this cow was mixed with.

Everything about this cow is just bigger than anything else we have here. If it weren't for the fact that she was my first cow, drops a healthy calf every year like clockwork, and lets me lead her anywhere (and hence the entire herd), I'd get rid of her. This girl can eat.

Latest posts