What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Since I finally got a working stove in the house, I made a roast chicken from ones I raised, with poultry seasoned bread stuffing and a big pot of Yukon Gold mashed potatoes and green beans fresh from the garden today... it will be several meals for me this week with testing several farms and getting home late and being tired.

59090C80-5F97-4384-8356-E07E2D41360D.jpegMy wife has recurring neck problems from a trampoline mishap as a child and car wreck in her 20's. The other night in the morning hours she woke up and was in misery. She is some better today, some friends from church that have become like family brought us some food by this evening on their way to church.
Mustard greens, turnips and green beans from their garden. The gluten free macaroni and and cheese was leftover from last night.

Not Belcampo - not that I have ever purchased any Belcampo organic beef.

Belcampo Meat Co. 2012-2021 closed all 5 Belcampo chain restaurants
its' retail store and distribution outlets as of Oct 19 2021

Cofounder and CEO Anya Fernald sustainable food expert and a former judge on Iron Chef TV show from 2009-2015. Processing and selling Organic Beef.
In May 2021 a former Belcampo butcher reported that when they ran short of organic beef they would just buy and process conventional beef and slap a Belcampo label on it.

Confirmation of the allegation and the resulting bad publicity caused Belcampo to permanently close all locations this week.
Current CEO Garry Embelton apologized to former customers for the breech of trust while reiterating 94% of the meat they sold met Belcampo standards. He did not rule out that they might resume business under a new name and all options are being explored.

Last edited:
View attachment 10127
Ivars tanker (qt.) of red clam chowder. One benefit of going to Seattle 5 days a week!
As much as I miss the clams, especially razor clams, it wouldn't be worth it if I had to go to Seattle to get them. Fresh seafood is a distant memory. About 400+ miles distant. That little place in Bay Center. Can't remember the name but no matter because it is the only place in Bay Center. The Three Crabs in Sequim if it is still there. They had great seafood.

As much as I miss the clams, especially razor clams, it wouldn't be worth it if I had to go to Seattle to get them. Fresh seafood is a distant memory. About 400+ miles distant. That little place in Bay Center. Can't remember the name but no matter because it is the only place in Bay Center. The Three Crabs in Sequim if it is still there. They had great seafood.
Dave, I sure the hell ain't going to Seattle for pleasure. It's just part of the adventure.

Latest posts