What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Just got back from a trip to the National FFA convention in Indianapolis. I know I'm violating the spirit of the thread 'cause I didn't get any pics, but I just have to brag on a couple of the places we ate. I figured there's a good chance some other CT members are near enough to them to try them out, if they haven't already.

First was a little steakhouse called Bynum's in Martinsville Indiana - I don't often brag on a restaurant steak, but my ribeye was outstanding, and so was the rest of the meal. Couldn't ask for better service either.

The other was a burger place called The Station in Paducah Kentucky. This place is decorated in mostly fire fighting and some law enforcement memorabilia. Had a burger and onion rings, both were excellent. The shakes were really good, too. Service was fast and friendly, too.

We try to find local places when we can, but they're not always happy to see a bus pull in unannounced (even though there were only 13 of us) but these places met us with a smile and never missed a beat. I'll sure go back to either one if I'm ever in the neighborhood.

I just started cooking an home grown sirloin and two club steaks. Very rare do we slaughter our own, this one had gotten stepped on by his momma and broke his leg. It healed and he grown on out well getting around better than we ever thought he would. Raised him on out to slaughter instead of taking a big reduction at the sale barn. It's so much better than a store bought steak. Now I'm figuring on what side dishes I want.

ALACOWMAN":3brc52y0 said:
slick4591":3brc52y0 said:
Grocery store ceviche

Never heard of it,, is it good with cornbread :cowboy:
A friend of mine I went to school with opened up a restaurant in Costa Rica. Me and my brother flew down a couple years ago to visit and he introduced us to ceviche. It's raw fish marinated in lime juice and served with a mixture of vegetables. It's served cold and is absolutely delicious. One of the best things I've ever eaten.

Buffalo Ribeyes. They were very good and tender. Like a good piece of beef but with a slight game taste. Any longer on the grill and they would have been over cooked.

Looks good Sky but you really need to fill us in on what the pictures are of. The bird looks perfect but I can't tell if that's possum pie or pecan pie.

Jogeephus":b8sblhl3 said:
Looks good Sky but you really need to fill us in on what the pictures are of. The bird looks perfect but I can't tell if that's possum pie or pecan pie.

Sorry Jo
pic 1 is toffee bar

pic 2 is tar heel pie

pic 3 sweet potato pies

pic 4 is a bird as you know.. cooked in one of those electric fryer cookers after being smoked some

pic 5 is lasagna

Latest posts