What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

She did good on that plate Grit. Is that beef in the salad? Interesting.

I agree Waco. I don't understand why anyone who lives outside a city ever goes hungry. In the 1860's the average person ate on a dollar a day in today's money. For some reason a meal like this tastes better when I know its all local and doesn't have that tax taint on it. I usually grow a large garden and its amazing how few people will turn down offers to pick all they want yet the ones who really don't "need it" are usually the only ones who will take me up on the offer. Some, like HIghgrit, have even been known to find an excuse to drive 60 miles to get some. Of course, Grit may not have a DVD.

What's reassuring to me is that if the economy ever does collapse me and my family should be able to eat like this while others will be fighting over a crust of bread in Walmart.

Jogeephus":154axaac said:
I usually grow a large garden .
Yeah, we've seen pictures of your "garden" in year's past.

As someone stated then, It's a fine line between a garden and row cropping and I think you passed over that line about 2 dozen rows back...

greybeard":32sz40na said:
Jogeephus":32sz40na said:
I usually grow a large garden .
Yeah, we've seen pictures of your "garden" in year's past.

As someone stated then, It's a fine line between a garden and row cropping and I think you passed over that line about 2 dozen rows back...

:lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":rhmico3y said:
She did good on that plate Grit. Is that beef in the salad? Interesting.

I agree Waco. I don't understand why anyone who lives outside a city ever goes hungry. In the 1860's the average person ate on a dollar a day in today's money. For some reason a meal like this tastes better when I know its all local and doesn't have that tax taint on it. I usually grow a large garden and its amazing how few people will turn down offers to pick all they want yet the ones who really don't "need it" are usually the only ones who will take me up on the offer. Some, like HIghgrit, have even been known to find an excuse to drive 60 miles to get some. Of course, Grit may not have a DVD.

What's reassuring to me is that if the economy ever does collapse me and my family should be able to eat like this while others will be fighting over a crust of bread in Walmart.

I got ponds I can fish out of and woods I can hunt if if something happened I would still eat. With lots of pecan and mesquite wood to give it flavor. I been thinking about growing a garden, but right now have an old horse up in the yard, and I have a feeling he would eat the garden. Probably do something after he is gone. We use to have gardens when I was a kid and I have helped my inlaws with theirs. The people who don't need it got their stuff cause they work hard and don't mind a lil work to get some fresh veggies. The people who do need it don't have anything cause they are lazy bums and to lazy to do a lil work for free food.

Jogeephus":2whlp0tr said:
My wife and I discovered a great way to get over the empty nest syndrome. We are both so grateful that we are not vegan.

18699771_1724450494519509_6889147919051402382_n.jpg

That looks good bud

This is a story of a pizza... Follow along with me

This is pizza with a thing crust and sauce " Smoked " provolone and shredded parmesan and pepperoni's

IMG_20170528_181126403_zpsmjii6sia.jpg

IMG_20170528_181331114_zpssbze8cww.jpg

Then a lil Mozzarella on top of that

IMG_20170528_181555558_zpssrqatcct.jpg

Then a lil extra sharp cheddar with more provolone

IMG_20170528_181806731_zps9aavdujy.jpg

Then you can see what's going on.

IMG_20170528_182203486_zps8evkwdfz.jpg

IMG_20170528_182446713_HDR_zpskswdus6t.jpg

Getting closer to the end of this story

IMG_20170528_182607444_zpssz4npivu.jpg

The end

IMG_20170528_183645630_HDR_zps89ckrvk9.jpg

IMG_20170528_184403978_HDR_zpscucvgg0n.jpg

IMG_20170528_185251892_zpszwkmxuix.jpg

Why a headache? Unless its from drinking a half gallon of water for every bite you took. Country ham is tied for my favorite meat, if it's done right, but the water it takes during the day afterward is ridiculous. Love it.

talltimber":1kkvhp45 said:
Why a headache? Unless its from drinking a half gallon of water for every bite you took. Country ham is tied for my favorite meat, if it's done right, but the water it takes during the day afterward is ridiculous. Love it.

I love it but my BP does not :shock:

I had a breakfast taco with chorizo this morning. I know better, but once in a while I have to relearn the lesson. Nothing in this world gives me worse indigestion.

Latest posts