What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Deep fried hotdog wrap arounds. Took bacon wrapped around a hotdog dipped in the fryer for a min then pulled out wrapped a tortilla around it and back in the fryer for a few mins then topped with refried beans cheese and sour cream. Sorry no photos and they are gone.

Chuckie your stove needs to be in my kitchen !!!!! :mrgreen:

Jo did u ever post a recipe for your pepperoni ? I guess I will have to search and see if I can find it . :tiphat:

My day has been like this , so dinner may end up being a surprise .
So I went to self clean my oven today and it wouldn't set . I then followed instructions to fix the problem and it locked me out of everything, completely freezing my key pad . Discontented fuses and switches in the back and reset everything and after 20 tries my oven will let me use it but not the range , I am still locked out . WTFlip ???? :???:
Gotta love technology
:mad: :dunce:
At least the prime rib and Yorkshire pudding will get done , and thank goodness for a veggie steamer ...

Wanda, I have a better idea, why don't you come down to my house to cook!! :banana: After hearing some of your menus and that beautiful chocolate desert you made with all the whip cream on it, I decided that I would ask you if you wanted to visit me each weekend, and days in-between when you are in a cooking mood. :lol2:

These stoves are worth it if you cook a lot. It sure makes things easier. The hoods that come with them sure keeps the heat pulled out in the summer, and you can put every pot you own on the thing, and cook. The hood has a squirrel cage fan mounted on the roof, and it doesn't blow the grease back into the kitchen, but it goes outside.
If I ever build another house, it will be the first appliance I purchase again. I might have to sleep on the floor, but I will get used to it. :lol2:

Chuckie":1shm1p9e said:
Wanda, I have a better idea, why don't you come down to my house to cook!! :banana: After hearing some of your menus and that beautiful chocolate desert you made with all the whip cream on it, I decided that I would ask you if you wanted to visit me each weekend, and days in-between when you are in a cooking mood. :lol2:

These stoves are worth it if you cook a lot. It sure makes things easier. The hoods that come with them sure keeps the heat pulled out in the summer, and you can put every pot you own on the thing, and cook. The hood has a squirrel cage fan mounted on the roof, and it doesn't blow the grease back into the kitchen, but it goes outside.
If I ever build another house, it will be the first appliance I purchase again. I might have to sleep on the floor, but I will get used to it. :lol2:

If you were closer I would definitely take you up on that offer ! :D I would even clean after I cook :nod:
I want to renovate the kitchen and we have to move cabinets up anyways so might as well move them over too . I WANT that range , even if it means no more new heals or riding boots for a few years . ;-)

hillsdown":3oumw5io said:
Chuckie":3oumw5io said:

If you were closer I would definitely take you up on that offer ! :D I would even clean after I cook :nod:
I want to renovate the kitchen and we have to move cabinets up anyways so might as well move them over too . I WANT that range , even if it means no more new heals or riding boots for a few years . ;-)

I was going to add that you might be back to cheap wine also but then I remembered you have to draw the line somewhere ;-) :)

3waycross":mu5jc5r4 said:
hillsdown":mu5jc5r4 said:
Chuckie":mu5jc5r4 said:

I was going to add that you might be back to cheap wine also but then I remembered you have to draw the line somewhere ;-) :)

I sacrifice enough as it is and besides I don't think my other half would give that up no matter what . :lol:
E came home with a few bottles of wine and we are popping one tonight so I will let you know how it compares to our import crap . :lol: :lol2: ;-)

Wanda, need not worry about the wine. We are just in luck. I have 24 gallons of wine in my pantry that needs bottling. It is Muscadine, Blackberry and Mead.
I made it from the Jack Keller Wine site. Before he got too big, he would email me back when I asked questions. I told him I wanted it to be lightly sweet, and no strong acid taste. He told me how to do it, and it worked. Now I just need to bottle and cork it. He was really helpful, but now he is in so many Wine contests and running all over the USA. Great site for anyone who wants to make wine.
The very best wind recipe he told me to make was Banana Peach. It didn't sound that great, but I made three gallons of it. It was the most smooth wine, and not too sweet. It had a light fruity peach taste to it when you first took a sip, but then after you swallowed it, you could taste the banana very lightly. My husband doesn't like wine, but he liked that one.
Here is his website:
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net
The wine was really good when it first started fermenting. It smelled like bread baking, and the bubbly juice had such a great taste. But it was like beer in a way. The bubbles being formed by the yeast made you want to burp a bit.

The mead, one is vanilla and the other is just straight mead. It is the first alcoholic beverage ever to be made by man. It is made from honey. These wines are well over 10 years old.
Fun would be had by all!! :lol2: :banana:

Jo, I remember many years ago when I drank about 3 glasses of wine, and I wasn't floating. But when I got up the next morning, I had a very bad headache. Almost like a food poisoning headache. If I have a glass of wine, which has been a long time since, I will drink 2 med glasses at the most. If it is lightly sweet, and not acidy, I love the way it tastes.

I try to limit my wine intake to two glasses and I'm fine. Some of the meads and the melomels are very sneaky and can full you but you pay for it the next day. I enjoy winemaking but I make way more than I can ever drink so I end up giving it away.

some macaroni with my cheese
ResizedImage_1410739665389_zps6f6b6f86.jpg

Boston Butt fell apart when I picked it up
ResizedImage_1410739664971_zpsbde3b504.jpg

ResizedImage_1410739666396_zps09bc79a8.jpg

Latest posts