What about this angus heifer???? critisizms, comments,ext.

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerD44

Reaction score
I posted a pic of this heifer last summer when she was younger. This pic was taken about a month after weaning. Weighed in at 644lbs. at weaning. She looks exactly the same now only a heavier version of course :)

Sired by New Design 208, mother sired by ELD Traveler 713 0049.

Dan.

angusweanedcalves001.jpg
[/img]

She's that bad i don't even get a comment- geez- maybe i should stick to raising simmentals :p lol

Dan.

Sorry, Dan. I don't know if folks really think she's bad or not.

Can't really tell much about her conformation from the pic due to her stance and the dark shadows.

On the plus side, she does have a really straight topline when she's doing the 'Saddlebred Stretch'. ;-)

Take care and maybe try another pic of her.

I agree. There are a few faults I see but with the shadows and all it's hard to tell if it's her natural look or just the bad picture. Take another one and try again. ;-)

I agree with Tracy but I have to admit she has some depth of body by the looks of the picture a keeper but I wouldn't show her

Conformation won't matter, faults won't matter, etc. When she goes to havin' some really good black calves and you get a couple of really fat checks from the sale - all her miniscule faults will disappear !
Best of luck !
(Like that baldy calf hidin' in the background.)

looks pretty good from what you can see, looks like she has some depth to her, soggy made little heifer. Just can not see much about her front end or front legs due to the bad angle and shadows.

We like the look of that heifer. We have several that look very similar and throw really nice calves. You said the photo was taken a while ago, has she had a calf yet?

NCM & Family

"You said the photo was taken a while ago, has she had a calf yet?"

No she hasnt been bred yet- she is just now a yearling. I am thinking of breeding her to Rito 2x15. the select sires expectation son. We just had a beautiful hiefer calf from that bull out of a black simmental and we have already ear tagged it as a keeper for our crossbred herd. We will be having more crossbred calves from that bull yet and hopin they are all as good as this one. We just started calving a couple weeks ago- kind of a slow start but it'll be pickin up speed here soon. we have 45 cows/heifers to go yet- and we have already had 3 sets of twins in the first 5 cows!!!!!!!!!! 4 of those were stillborn tho :( but we did graf one of the last ones on to one of the others so we are only 1 cow down so far.

Dan.

Latest posts