Wettest Winter

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Sure hope I have this much moisture in the spring when I fertilize.

ResizedImage_1421588008448_zps5bec6597.jpg

ResizedImage_1421588008983_zpsa9b2162b.jpg

ResizedImage_1421588009505_zps7c2346d8.jpg

ResizedImage_1421588009851_zpsa17cebfc.jpg

tistis":30sa1xjh said:
We got sun shine and temps in the 50s today cows was a running and bucking .
I can take winter like the last 2 days here in KY. Cold yesterday morning but got to be nice. I am in the Morgantown area.

Been very wet here, but last 2 days have been sunshine and today is in upper 60s. I have to be carefull where I drive tho--it's muddy underneath.

The news said we might be near 60 degrees this week, in the middle of January. I'm so tired of mud, I just want winter back.

oh yea definitely tons of mud underneath. The cattle are laying near the feeders so they don't have to fight through the mud to get to the hay. I won't be taking any drives across the field in a truck anytime soon.

The rain we been getting is stopping me from starting our house. Ughhhh. I am ready to see some dirt moved and string lines up.

Wettest winter here in Middle GA that I can remember. Beautiful blue skies and windy today 65 degrees. Thankful for it. More rain coming in by the end of week. We sure do need time to dry out some.

Been about normal up here.. had a few inches of snow, then a bit of rain in it last night, things are slushy, a creek running down the driveway like usual when that happens. Going to wait a day or two and give my heifers some new bedding.. right now it's pretty pointless.

We are having a wet winter too. It has been a very long long time since I have had to wear rubber boots daily.
I was at our Extension Office last week and they were talking about how this year there will be deep sub-surface moisture in the ground and the farmers are happy about that. One thing for sure, I bet that we will have a great wild flower and bluebonnet displays this Spring.

chippie":38tr6ogh said:
We are having a wet winter too. It has been a very long long time since I have had to wear rubber boots daily.
I was at our Extension Office last week and they were talking about how this year there will be deep sub-surface moisture in the ground and the farmers are happy about that. One thing for sure, I bet that we will have a great wild flower and bluebonnet displays this Spring.
I bet we are also up to our butts in weeds.

Ditto weeds. I noticed that the McCartney Roses have started blooming.
I hate those plants. They would survive Armageddon.

Latest posts