well. that's a new one.

Help Support CattleToday:

Our big puffy bull was this same color. I have him written down as strawberry roan...he shed off lt. red. I was kind of disappointed..

she looks like she is a blocky calf. I like her!
Who knows what color she will be. Our recently born Charolais x Jersey cross calf was very white when he was born. At two weeks he is starting to turn a golden color. I am looking forward to seeing more pics of her as she grows.
Congrats on a healthy calf and it being a heifer : )

Had a cow like sired by a Red Angus bull out of a (ilted) yellow Gelbvieh cow. Wife called her "Pinky" cause that's the color she stayed.

You take that halter breaking pretty seriously. :lol: Talk about starting young.
I hoe she gives you a long storied career to reward you for your work with her.

cow pollinater":fzm2if0i said:
You take that halter breaking pretty seriously. :lol: Talk about starting young.
I hope she gives you a long storied career to reward you for your work with her.
Haha, yeah, it really makes them a WHOLE lot easier to handle as they get big.
You should see how spoiled our 3 and under group is, that's about when we started, they are like massive friendly puppies.

gizmom":fzm2if0i said:
cute calf lot of bone.

gizmom

Thanks!
Pretty excited to see her and her 3/4 sister grow up.
She's got a really nice looking yearling full sister too.
Crossing my fingers they don't disappoint.

My! What big ears you have!
She does have a lot of bone, but she looks really good and stout, As long as she puts enough meat on the bones she'll be fine... I think she'll probably change color to something more like her mother.

I like starting to halterbreak early as well, this year I didn't get to it, but the 2 candidates I have are pretty laid back, and I do hold their head easily while giving them neck rubs. I'm sure the first couple times I'll have a bucking bronc with both of them, but they should get it figured out OK,.. they won't be scared at least

Latest posts