We'll never have a good discussion

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man":32tccsnh said:
I am usually around 4-10 different strange dogs a day at work. Day in and day out I have more trouble with Weiner dogs than any other breed. Some are hateful little cusses that can bite you and be gone before you know they are in the yard. First time I ever got bit at work was by a Weiner dog. Dang thing bit me on the butt and was gone before I even knew one was around. Heard he got sick and died a few days later.
How tall are you....?
My brother was bitten on the face by a weiner dog...I remember it clearly, i was in the ally and he comes running up screaming......I couldnt tell exactly what was going on, i was about 7....but when he got close to me he had puncture wounds near his eye and had blood all over his face...Scared the heck out of me and i'll never forget the sight...

cowgirl8":2t80zais said:
hillbilly beef man":2t80zais said:
I am usually around 4-10 different strange dogs a day at work. Day in and day out I have more trouble with Weiner dogs than any other breed. Some are hateful little cusses that can bite you and be gone before you know they are in the yard. First time I ever got bit at work was by a Weiner dog. Dang thing bit me on the butt and was gone before I even knew one was around. Heard he got sick and died a few days later.
How tall are you....?
My brother was bitten on the face by a weiner dog...I remember it clearly, i was in the ally and he comes running up screaming......I couldnt tell exactly what was going on, i was about 7....but when he got close to me he had puncture wounds near his eye and had blood all over his face...Scared the heck out of me and i'll never forget the sight...

I was squatted down working, so I guess he went for the most tempting target. I wear 14 inch line mans boots at work, so the little ankle biters normally are not a problem.

Melking because in my book he has shown he places more value over the dog than the lady that was bitten.
Look how serious he took the quarantine trying to take cute pictures where is the one on the woman's stitches to go beside it.
There is two sides to this. I understand it was the kids dog and they will be heartbroken, I also understand what kind of lesson did I just teach them about my values when it comes to a person.
Bet the dog wouldn't be near as cute laying next to somebodies kid and a member of your or my family stitched up. Doesn't matter if it was one stitch or ten.

boondocks":2qs6m5a7 said:
Can we talk about cats for a while instead? Ain't NOTHIN' like a nasty cat bite! My brother and his wife had a cat that if it smelled any other animal at all on you, it would go ape-__ and tear into you but good. Now THAT thing I'd have shot! They had multiple ER trips from the dang thing.
Cats their nasty little devils :devil2: my little brother got bit by one that thing ended up on the wrong side of a club had a cousin get scratched once and had to get rabie shoots thats a huge needle in the gut

ez14":26k2bwg4 said:
boondocks":26k2bwg4 said:
Can we talk about cats for a while instead? Ain't NOTHIN' like a nasty cat bite! My brother and his wife had a cat that if it smelled any other animal at all on you, it would go ape-__ and tear into you but good. Now THAT thing I'd have shot! They had multiple ER trips from the dang thing.
Cats their nasty little devils :devil2: my little brother got bit by one that thing ended up on the wrong side of a club had a cousin get scratched once and had to get rabie shoots thats a huge needle in the gut

Cat Scratch Fever ??

I'd rather get bitten by a dog than a cat. Even most dogs didn't want to mess around the cats and when they do there is a huge price they have to pay for do that. Dirty creatures.

If you're getting bitten by a cat, you're probably doing all of the same things that get you bitten by a dog.. invading it's 'personal' space. Cats greatly prefer to run away than attack.

Nesikep":3kpkvedk said:
If you're getting bitten by a cat, you're probably doing all of the same things that get you bitten by a dog.. invading it's 'personal' space. Cats greatly prefer to run away than attack.
Then you hasn't around the cats enough obviously. Some cats are born to be azzholes.

Nesikep":2wc7dgdh said:
Im going to start this story with saying it was probably a one in a milion thing but i was riding my bike down the driveway and the Neighbors cat came running out of the tall weeds beside the drive and jumped on my leg and crawled up to my chin and bit it then it jumped off and ran away before i could do any thing :shock: :nod:

ez14":czepa6cb said:
Nesikep":czepa6cb said:
Im going to start this story with saying it was probably a one in a milion thing but i was riding my bike down the driveway and the Neighbors cat came running out of the tall weeds beside the drive and jumped on my leg and crawled up to my chin and bit it then it jumped off and ran away before i could do any thing :shock: :nod:
You ain't only person that had this happened. My cousin was working in the barn, do some farrier work when a stray tomcat jump on him from nowhere, clawed all over his face and bit everything on both arms before he beat it to death with a pitchfork. I barely recognize him and drove him to ER to receive over 90 stitches and shots. The cat tested negative for rabies.

Anybody else ever been bit by a dam goose.
They bite and twist in the same motion .
Kindest like one them nurple purples or something like that.
They ain't as bad as weenie dogs or cats. But pretty dam horrifying. If you own one ..for God sakes THINK OF THE CHILDREN..... 8)

callmefence":r7covzkg said:
TexasBred":r7covzkg said:
ga.prime":r7covzkg said:
Reach out and touch somebody's hand maybe, but reaching out to a snarling dog is ill advised.
People do it all the time. I'm guilty myself. Give him the back of my hand to allow him to smell and me showing I intend no harm, not realizing he smelled me from 200 yards away. Was always told that was the way to do it.

You don't wanna get kicked , don't walk behind the horse.
What I was saying. I was mislead many years ago about this. I carry a baseball bat now. :mrgreen:

callmefence":36g15v9f said:
They ain't as bad as weenie dogs or cats. But pretty dam horrifying. If you own one ..for God sakes THINK OF THE CHILDREN..... 8)
About got eaten up by one when I was about 14. Was working and there was a group of geese always hanging around. One of the older more intelligent men bet me I could chase one of those geese down and catch it. Well I did it pretty easy but the edam thing bit me all over, flogged me with those wings and I think even stomped my a$$....never again. :oops:

I've only ever been bitten by pigs.
It feels about like some grabbing the back of your leg with a pair of needle nose vise grips pliers.
They all end up getting shot sooner or later...
:lol:

callmefence":olpccine said:
Yeah our neighbor had 3 of them you learned real quick to carry a stick :nod:

callmefence":3drc9vqg said:

In Boise, ID they have a fairly decent population of them that sticks around all year. Yesterday we went to town to take our son on a nature hike and saw a few. Made him give them a wide birth as they can get feisty and they're about as big as he is. Boy they shyte all over everything. I don't understand the appeal of owning one of those things.

I made a joke video with a goose where i had to let it attack me. Youtube ban it. Yes, with all the videos on youtube, a joke where nothing got hurt except me got ban.
My list of things i fear are, #1 Bad men #2 Skunks at night #3 Geese
Not sure if i can get the video posted since it was 'ban', but if anyone wants to see it i'll try...

Several years ago I stated my thoughts on cats and caught he!! for it. But I will say again any cat I see on my place I name it Target.

Cal

TexasBred":22kbtleg said:
dam thing bit me all over, flogged me with those wings and I think even stomped my a$$....never again. :oops:
The wings are the worst part. They just hold on with that beak and beat the not out of you, like being beaten with a rubber hose!

Calman":mgoeo8v5 said:
Several years ago I stated my thoughts on cats and caught he!! for it. But I will say again any cat I see on my place I name it Target.

Cal
I think we can get along just fine :cowboy:

Latest posts