We'll never have a good discussion

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
We'll knock around cuttin VS banding, and we'll talk about makin hay. We'll never have a good ole fashioned discussion. It will just never happen. It ain't in us. Oh well, it is a cattle forum anyway.

Well, that's too bad. Interesting to see where people side on those kind of deals. I could of added a good other 5 to 6 posts to maybe hit page 8 or 9. I was thinking if i threw a post in about the $100,000 German Shepherd stud dog I saw a few years back, we could get the page count to the mid teens talking about funny money in mainstream German Shepherd dog breeding.

Of course, we can't even keep the thread open where threads go to die. So a real discussion is probably asking too much.

Deepsouth":3qs1p790 said:
Did I miss something?

Typical day at CT.
Dog attacks, personal attacks, locking of threads and another post about the locked thread and of course rubber fowl

I was deworming today and had to catch up some in the reading dept. I take it the shock collar BF was asking about in the dog/cat/pet section a while back didn't work.

sim.-ang.king":37adz7lh said:
greybeard":37adz7lh said:
Deepsouth":37adz7lh said:
Did I miss something?

Yeah, it was in all the headlines.
Man Bites Dog
What's the big deal?
I bit a cow once on the ear, after hooks advise...worked too.

Hey what you do in the privacy of your farm is your business
You don't need our validation :D

It's the personal attacks that cause the lock downs. But people say some really off the wall stuff. Property rights are bigger than life in my eyes.

True Grit Farms":1lvhbmlj said:
It's the personal attacks that cause the lock downs. But people say some really off the wall stuff. Property rights are bigger than life in my eyes.
We all have different lines that can't be crossed just in today's society they are not near as clear as they used to be. There were several lines in that thread from property, animal, personal, to moral just came down to where your value system lies.

I was goin to share a little dog bite story before that thread got locked last night.

4'or 5 weeks ago my wife walked up to our neighbors SUV with the mom at the wheel and her 3 young kids strapped in their seats. My wife suck her hand inside an open window and their 15 month old Golden-Doodle bit her hand. No blood was drawn but it left a nasty blood blister under a fingernail similar to what a hammer hit will do.

Does that dog deserve to die? Hell no, my wife readily admitted she violated the dog's space and threatened "his" kids.

TennesseeTuxedo":139yizzm said:
I was goin to share a little dog bite story before that thread got locked last night.

4'or 5 weeks ago my wife walked up to our neighbors SUV with the mom at the wheel and her 3 young kids strapped in their seats. My wife suck her hand inside an open window and their 15 month old Golden-Doodle bit her hand. No blood was drawn but it left a nasty blood blister under a fingernail similar to what a hammer hit will do.

Does that dog deserve to die? be nice no, my wife readily admitted she violated the dog's space and threatened "his" kids.
Gets back to the law Texas is a one bite state that dog is just as guilty as one that mauled someone in the eyes of the law.
Dog laws are crazy you can't shoot a dumped dog without facing some stiff fines. The same dog go to molesting livestock or threat to a human you can drop in his tracks the owner is liable and the shooter can't be held liable.

CB , Im sure that JR you tote around every day has Bitten you. and by your definition he is guilty . I do not know of a single dog that has not bitten his owner although they were playing at the time, A bite is a Bite , RIGHT!!! or should we use a little common sense ??

TennesseeTuxedo":24r4i5ip said:
There you go again.
No you just place more value over a dog than I do so common sense becomes is your neighbor, friend or visitor more valuable or a dog.
If a dog bites once it will do so again that is common sense.

Latest posts