Welcome to the Ky jungle.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Checking on cows just now, not as hot as it could be but feels like a sauna. Cattle were mostly in the water or shade. The came out when drove through but then headed back. Sorry for bombarding with pictures. I enjoy seeing others cattle as well as mine so I figure I would share some more. Mowing tractor has been broke down and now being repaired hence the jungle reference to the weeds and fescue heads.
One of my favorite heifer and calf pairs. Have two other maternal sisters to the first calf heifer.

One of my Gert/Hereford cows finally had a heifer calf this one will be a keeper

Another of our homeraised mostly Hereford with a little Brahman bull. He was out eating grass, the registered Hereford bull went from waterhole to waterhole.

The Hereford bull

One of my favorite Hereford cow calf pairs again one of those cows finally had a heifer calf, this is the calf with the white stripe down her shoulder but it's on the other side

A shorthorn/Hereford cross heifer that has a nice Angus heifer calf but wasn't close by her

A newly purchased stockyards cow that has a bull calf

Nice looking cattle, thanks for sharing. I too like looking through photos everyone has. I took a bunch of photos the other week when our fieldsman was out I've been meaning to share eventually. We have a TON of grass right now with all the rain we got. Been needing to get 1st cutting of hay down for a couple weeks now but it's been so wet and saturated and couldn't get a break between storms so hoping we're dried out enough now to get it done soon.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Right now the humidity must be a 100 %. Severe thunderstorms predicted over here.

Latest posts