weight of 14' stock trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew":3lxo0qgi said:
Could you take a picture of the sticker? Ours has the weight on the sticker.
Mine doesn;t, just axles weights and length plus manufacturer and date of same.

circlew":1awcjxa7 said:
We do put the weight in ours. Didn't know about that brand.

So if you build them what does a 14' weigh?

And here is a link to the sticker.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/e ... 0_0003.jpg

BTW Hale Trailer started building wood cattle racks in Sherman Texas in the forties. My dad had a 1952 International truck and he put a set of racks on it to haul his cull dairy cows to Dallas to the packing houses. Well one day, one cow jumped out of that trailer and dad had to chase her down in Dallas traffic. After that he put steel rings in the bed and tied them up. In 1987 we bought this 14' stock trailer. Sometime in the late eighties, Hale sold out.

Just bought a 10,000lb GVW 16' enclosed trailer. It weighed 3,150. It wasn't a cattle trailer, but I would imagine your trailer to be a little less than 3,000 lbs.

johndeerefarmer":1jnjkyg1 said:
It shows serial, date of manufacture, tire size and axle ratings but no actual weight.
Sorry, looked at mine (Wilson aluminum gooseneck) 18ft and weights 6,030. C&M flat bed did not have weight. I had thought both had the weight on the tag.
Better be pretty light because with a 6,000 gross wt if it weighed 3,000 that would only leave 3,000lb for hauling cattle.

Not all trailers are built the same. So like I said above, its gonna probably weigh 2000 or more. Should be less than 3000.

I'm assuming that's a bumper pull trailer??? Are you using a drop hitch on the back of that jacked up truck to lower the front end of the trailer down to where it pulls level?

Truck is not jacked up. Ford makes them that way. My new F150 is actually taller than my F250. But to answer your question I have a drop hitch and I keep the air bags at low pressure

BTW, my neighbor has a similar trailer (same size but different manufacturer) and her's weighs 2150 lbs

johndeerefarmer":29288oif said:
Truck is not jacked up. Ford makes them that way. My new F150 is actually taller than my F250. But to answer your question I have a drop hitch and I keep the air bags at low pressure

BTW, my neighbor has a similar trailer (same size but different manufacturer) and her's weighs 2150 lbs
Just a thought...have seen some riding pretty high in the front and low in the back. Cow in the back had to work to stay upright.

I have a 12 ft trailer that wieghs 2400 lbs . I found that out by taking it on a truck scale and weighing it . That's the easiest way to find out .

Kingfisher":1h4ku8lz said:
johndeerefarmer":1h4ku8lz said:
Why not call S& H..? They know what their trailers weigh.

S&H is his neighbors trailer that he knows the weight of. His is a Hale trailer....and they went out of business.....Geez keep up on current events would ya! :) :) :)

Latest posts