weight of 14' stock trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeerefarmer

Reaction score
Anybody got any idea on the weight of a 14' Hale stock trailer with metal front and top? It is 5' wide and 6' tall with dual axles and wood floor

Thanks

No, I bought a new F150 with ecoboost and am keeping track of what I tow, tow weights and mpg. I don't know what that trailer weighs.
I know that a fertilizer spreader weighs 2200 lbs so I figured the trailer was somewhere around that

johndeerefarmer":o36pff83 said:
No, I bought a new F150 with ecoboost and am keeping track of what I tow, tow weights and mpg. I don't know what that trailer weighs.
I know that a fertilizer spreader weighs 2200 lbs so I figured the trailer was somewhere around that
that will be close might weight just a little more

It's going to be in the ton neighborhood. I've got a 14' and a neighbor pulls it all over the place with a medium load with a dodge equivelent of an F150

Thanks I wasn't worried if I could pull it our not. Just tracking mpg and weights. I have already towed 3 tons of fertilizer and spreader (8200 lbs) and my ecoboost towed it great. Trying to compare mpg between it and my 2005 F250 with the 6.0

johndeerefarmer":1ws1xjsu said:
Surely someone in town or nearby has a set of scales and would weigh it for you. Coop, cotton grin, feed store.

I should have took it by the feed store and weighed it on the way back from the sales barn but forgot to. So I figured somebody here might know what their's weighed. After I get the cow check tomorrow, I will post the weights and what mpg my new truck got loaded and unloaded

Thanks

dieselbeef":3kq64f77 said:
whats the ecoboost..runs on less cyls til needed kinda thing??

I dont know for sure but I THINK that it is turbo charged and has direct injection instead of pooling the fuel on the valve like most manufactures were doing. Seems direct injection is getting more popular with gas.

I just wonder how well the valves will hold up since they are not pooling the fuel on them anymore?

They seem to run good, and have lots of power.

JHH if you don't mind what kind of mileage are you getting empty on the highway and around town. Thanks

I dont own one. I was just saying they run good. I work on cars and trucks for a living.

I think they are twin turbo trucks. I am betting they are a nightmare to work on.

Ecoboost is Ford's new V6 truck engine. 3.5L produces 365hp and 420 ft/lb of torque. I have only had it a month or so. It only has 800 miles.

My first towing experience was a fertilizer spreader. I wrote a long post on pickuptrucks.com if you are interested.
http://forums.pickuptrucks.com/ubbthrea ... Post608609

Right now on the highway, I am getting 19-20 mpg if I stay under 60 mph. Speed up to 70 and it drops to 17mpg.
My last two trips into town, which were part city/part highway I got 16. Using the cruise control, tow/haul mode and a strong head wind make the mpg drop by as much as 3mpg.

It is a 2011 F150 SuperCab. 4wd, 6 sp automatic. 3.73 with electronic locker, and off road package. It has the max tow package but I have already added Firestone airbags as the springs sagged too much with 1/2 ton of cubes in the back (even though its payload capacity is 2014 lbs)

It towed it with ease but the dog's tail wagged the dog. The 900 lb heifer in the back compartment keep moving around.

Here is a link to my towing experience with the new truck and stock trailer on pickuptrucks.com if you are interested in reading it.
http://forums.pickuptrucks.com/ubbthrea ... Post609163

Also if you missed the other link a few posts above I also posted my experience towing several loads of fertilizer with it on the same site

Latest posts