weather

Help Support CattleToday:

farm girl

Reaction score
I always knew the weather in Missouri was crazy, but on Thanksgiving we had temperatures near 70, then yesterday things start cooling down and thunderstorms pop up, producing more than one tornado in the area, fortunatly not close to me. Then today the high here was 40 and its snowing. I guess if you dont like the weather wait 5 minutes.

its like that here in texas as well.some rain storms late evening sunday.an cold today an colder tonite.suppose to freeze here so i got things done up today. scott

Join the crowd. Anything that isn't anchored down has headed south east to parts unknown! Got our first snow yesterday, wind advisories for the last 2 days and colder than I even want to think about - didn't get above freezing yesterday or today - Saturday was 60 degrees. Go figure! :( :(

Yeah we had tornados here too. We've got a quarter mile of fence thats wiped out in downed and twisted up timber. And my poor Ford ton caught a sycamore yard tree right across the hood and windshield. On a good note though, the cows are still here and the chicken houses are still standing so were still farmin.

Hallelujah, Praise the Lord, the wind quit today! :D :D :D :D :D :D I can deal with the cold, but dang those gale force winds drive me nuts!

We had clear weather yesterday so I made a sled run down a hill up behind the shop...good thing, we got six inches last night and another inch after I got the road bladed off this morning. The grand kids were over today for sledding in a old dingy that we have, easy pull up the hill with the tractor, and our daughter had more fun than the kids, of course I didn't mind one bit. Expecting another storm tomorrow to really make the hill some good sledding. Dave Mc

The wind finally quit blowing here but its still pretty cool out. We had winds strong enough that it caved a building downtown in. I am ready for some snow now.

Wilson_Cattle_Company":1us9wnjx said:
msscamp":1us9wnjx said:
Hallelujah, Praise the Lord, the wind quit today! :D :D :D :D :D :D I can deal with the cold, but dang those gale force winds drive me nuts!

Shesh! Wish I could say that here!!! Wind has blown 40 mile n hour for a week!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: NO RAIN! ITS TO DURN DRY!

Don't feel like the lone ranger on the dry part! Trouble is, we won't get any more rain til next summer. The only moisture we will get now is in the form of snow. I personally wish it would snow, as I really don't want the whole winters worth in one sitting! :shock:

PS I might be able to deal with 40 mile an hour winds, but when I put my 40 lb dogs out in their pen and the winds blows them up against the fence, it's too damned windy! Was up at Mom and Dad's yesterday and watched the wind literally move the Kubota ATV vehicle back and forth several inches - if it had been from the east that ATV would have been in their breakfast nook.

farm girl":k9mbwchg said:
The wind finally quit blowing here but its still pretty cool out. We had winds strong enough that it caved a building downtown in. I am ready for some snow now.

One of the weather liars from sprigfield aid that they're still 7 plus inches short of precip for the year but doesn;t want to make it all up at this time of year. One of the few times I agree with him.

dun

Latest posts