Water rights, this is scary

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":2n6bth4h said:
My ex in-laws lived in Los Angeles area.
When we would visit, I was always up early walking the neighborhood.
The sprinklers come on at dawn and water that sandy soil until water runs down the street. And they are always talking about a water crisis. Wow!

Next time your there have them give you a ride through the Owens Valley and on up to Bishop. That area used to be truck gardens and orchards, now it's just dried out desert like everything else around there

dun

Well for years I've been hearing the americans want our water.Well I'm going to go put a padlock on the top of my well You just never know when you guys might slip up in the middle of the night and take a pailful

carl :lol:

dun":3d8qgbri said:
john250":3d8qgbri said:
My ex in-laws lived in Los Angeles area.
When we would visit, I was always up early walking the neighborhood.
The sprinklers come on at dawn and water that sandy soil until water runs down the street. And they are always talking about a water crisis. Wow!

Next time your there have them give you a ride through the Owens Valley and on up to Bishop. That area used to be truck gardens and orchards, now it's just dried out desert like everything else around there

dun

Water is life, isn't it!
"Become a water rights attorney"--a piece of career advise I received in Fresno. Since I wasn't ever going back to college, I wasn't able to use the advise.

My uncle was telling us something about how water rights in his area are owned by some Indian Tribe or other. I don't specifically know which one, although I believe that Chickasaw and Choctaw are big where he lives in Oklahoma, and that they are giving the farmers a hard time about wanter usage. Like I said, I don't know the specifics about it, and I don't want to make anyone mad or offended. All I know is that he's mad.

Latest posts