Water Boarding ain't nothing.....

Help Support CattleToday:

We did the Adaware and Spybot and it didn't do any good. McGaffey or however you spell it, has been the best so far. It gets everything before it has a chance to take ahold.

Lammie":26hj9ahl said:
We did the Adaware and Spybot and it didn't do any good. McGaffey or however you spell it, has been the best so far. It gets everything before it has a chance to take ahold.
we have mcafee too and it slipped through... it came as a sheild with a X across it, on the lower right hand corner off my screen....... its real deceptive

alacattleman":6q8garsb said:
Lammie":6q8garsb said:
we have mcafee too and it slipped through... it came as a sheild with a X across it, on the lower right hand corner off my screen....... its real deceptive

Yeah, that's what it looked like for us, too, the last time we had it. It does sneak up on you. It has happened to us twice now.

You can download "MozyHome" back up system for free. It is web based and it automatically backs up your computers every day. I have used it since I caught a virus about a year ago and lost everything. I have only had to use it once on one of my computers, and it worked really well.

As far as antivirus programs go I'm surprised Norton isn't advertised on late night television. " Willie Mays here for Norton antivrus". It's just that type
of quality. Also anything by Microsoft. They built a system that's full of security holes. Please don't trust them with your virus protection.
My suggestion based on experience. Keep in mind that I am all over the net. I download a boatload of stuff. Pictures,music, video, programs, games etc. My
computer is literaly on for weeks at a time.

First is email. I use hotmail just because it doesn't let a bunch of spam through. In a months time I only get one or two pieces of junk, sometimes nothing
at all. Compare this to Outlook even with all it's filters. Now everyone knows not to open email from people you don't recognize, but what about the ones you
do know. My wife gets sent a ton of email from her friends. You know, the touchy feely, sad, happy, life lesson ,urgent, imporant warning, please pass this
on CRAP! The problem is you DON'T know who sent it. It was forwarded a gazillion and one times before it got to your friend who forwarded it to you along
with all it's attachments.For all anyone knows it could have originated in the basement of Binky the computer geek who cleverly added in some virus. I
finally got my wife in the habbit of just deleting most of these.( you can usually tell what they are by the title) If it's something important they will
either title it so you know what it is or they'll pick up the phone and call you. Also, only give your address to people who have a need for it. Treat it
like your home address or your telephone number. If you feel the need to seem important by dishing those out to everyone, well, you reap what you sow.

"Oh crap, I got a virus"! I'm sure sooner or later anyone connected to the net will get one. If it happens here's my suggestion. Keep in mind you need two
things. First, you have to be able to read and write english. Second, and here's the most difficult of the two. You have to be able to follow complicated
instructions like say, the ones on the back of a soup can. Trust me, I can barely do the latter and I had no problem.
Go to a site called mytechsupport.ca and look up their virus forum. The guys that hang out there are fantastic. I can't remember what my virus was called but
I literaly could not use my computer. It was flooded with popup screens saying I had a virus and needed to download their antivirus software.(that seems
funny now) I couldn't see anything else on the screen and had no access to the bottom toolbar. I had to find their site using another computer. Here's what I
liked about that site. I searched a bunch of sites and read a whole bunch of posts. Most of them seemed pretty knowledgable but most of the answers ended up
being " that's a bad one, back up your stuff and reformat your hard drive". That was basicaly the answer I got on the first two forums I posted to. When I
posted on mytech, I got step by step instructions on what to do. Never was there a suggestion of gloom and doom, just, here's what we'll do. Keep in mind
that it's a forum and most of the answers seem to come in the evening, I'm assuming when these people are home from work. From the time I posted it took two
days to get my system fully restored. Compare that to taking to town. Doesn't seem too bad to me. And it was all free. To me it was like being broke down in
the middle of nowhere and some stranger shows up and fixes your truck and says have a nice day. Once my system was fixed they made a bunch of suggestions on
how to protect it including a list of free downloadable software.

When I got the virus I was using AVG. Way better than Norton but the virus did slip through. Now I'm using Avast which was one of the free programs on the
list they gave me. It catches quit a lot. When you first read their insructions they may seem difficult just because it's stuff you never heard before but
trust me it's not. They even use pictures of what the screen will look like as you go. I'm no computer wizard, I just push the buttons I'm told to. Back of a
soup can simple. And as far as putting my system in a position to catch a virus, I'm like a young sailor on shore leave in Bankok.

Hope this is of some use. Does anyone know what, "simmer on low" means?

thanks for that advice there Train.....simmer on low... :lol: :lol: :lol: low gas or elelctric just pop your soup in a bowl and place it in the microwave much easier, and saves on the washing-up. it should say on the back of the can how long to nuke..... :help: good luck