War Alliance 9126

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have read that some have used this bull on their cows. Most said they had lots of growth and size. But several said they weren't much to look at. I can handle the growth and size in commercial cattle, but I want sound breeding animals even if they look like buffalo mutations. What attributes do they have that makes them less pleasing to the eye than the average Angus? Chuckie

My calves from him grew great. For gain I was very pleased. Around yearling time and after mine got really course fronted. Had ungly heads. That may sound funny but it can turn some buyers off. His heifers turned out about the same way. To me they were not femenine.

I used WAR Alliance 9126 6006 on some first calf heifers, the birth weights ranged from 64 lbs. to 70 lbs. for bulls and heifers, born in the spring and fall. I recently flushed a R&J Maxima granddaughter to 9126 because of his spread of growth from birth to yearling. A 1.6 for birth, 66 for weaning, 34 for milk, 128 for yearling. Have a real nice coming yearling heifer out of a first calf heifer, she weaned at 600 lbs. at 200 days old, non-creep just momas milk and grass.

My partner in N.C. (Howard Bros) just purchased the high selling Angus bull in the Southeast Classic sale in Opelika ,Al. last Saturday. He is sired by WAR Alliance 9126. They had over 80 bulls there sired by a wide variety of bulls and we thought he was hands down the best bull there. He had outstanding growth and a solid set of EPD`s. BW 79 ADJ WW 964 adj YW 1530. He weighed 1670 at 15 months. EPD`s BW 1.3 WW 55 YW 105 MILK 34. He looks great IMO for an Angus bull and he also has above average muscling and is very deep bodied. I havent seen many other 9126 offspring but this bull has more growth that almost all of the Angus bulls in the breed. We plan to market some semen and use him in our Lim-Flex program and possibly on a few Angus females. We are in the process of trying to get a good pic of him. If we do I will post it on here. Sorry I dont know about any more but I can tell you that this bull out of 9126 is a really good one.

Circle H Ranch
http://www.chrlimousin.com

I used Alliance I87 , and have yearling heifers out of him now. I have one, maybe two big heads. They aren't real smooth through the shoulders, but not bad by any means. Nice width, nice top, pretty good depth, and great dispositions. Over all I am pleased. They had great WW coming off heifers, averaging just over #600. I used WAR Alliance back on the same cows, and should have calves in a few days.

Latest posts