My Werner War Party calves and stuff

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
After 6 War Party bull calves in a row, I finally got a heifer. Dam is a first calf heifer and a grand daughter of New Design 878. Calf is 6 hours old.

War Party bull and dam, born Nov 16.

A picture of his dam in the summer when she was clean... She's a really nice cow.

2 more WP bulls.

December War Party bull

20 month old Total daughter, due in August to War Party

Cont....

A few more----

January War Party with dam

An open Total daughter, she'll soon be bred for an early spring calf. She was in heat, that's why she is a bit swollen.

If you made it this far, Thanks fer lookin'!

Nice calves! I have no experience with War Party, but I think Inyeti had a really nice calf that grew. But he had a big birth weight, how are the birth weights on your War Party calves?

Thanks Fire Sweep! My lightest was the heifer calf born yesterday out of the first calf heifer, between 55-60 pounds. The bulls were all between 65-75 pounds. I just have an old set of bathroom scales so I pick the calf up and weigh us both. Not perfectly accurate, but good enough for the information I need. I've always had small calves with my angus cattle. The largest bull calf I have ever had was just 85 pounds.

TennesseeTuxedo":2tmhg7io said:
Nice calves, nice cows, nice facilities and beautiful scenery. Life is good. Congrats!

Thanks TT. The farm is strictly a hobby for me. With only 18 total head, I keep a pretty close eye on them. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not either in the pens with them or just walking with them in the pasture. There are few things I enjoy doing more. I am truly blessed.

Rafter S":4wdj3glu said:
That's some good solid-looking calves. I especially like the December bull calf in your first post.

Thanks Rafter- He's a stocky guy. He was the only calf I had born outside this winter. I plan a vacation around my cows calving, but I was on the wrong month when I wrote his dams breeding date down. I like to freshen my cows inside when it's crappy out- pretty much like all of last winter.

I was looking at War Party last night online and then I see this tread today. Good looking calves and cows!

Good looking calves, and that picture of the cow on the green grass.....well just doesn't get any better than that does it! We haven't used any War Party but sure like the look of the calves.

gizmom

Those are some impressive calves. You should be happy with them. Your cows look to be good stock also. Nice group all around.

Looked up the bull...........I like him and his progeny. BUT way too much Traveler in there to work at my altitude.

:clap: Looks great. I have a new level of excitement for the War Party calves born in the last few weeks. Nice work. I like your December bull calf the best.

Latest posts