Megadorus - War Party Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Born on Labor day so 32 days old at this photo shoot. This boy is going to be nice. His Dam is a 1/2 SM 1/2 AN out of the HP/RP program so good genetics there. She was AI'd to War Party (PB Angus). So the draw back is the odd 3/4 AN and 1/4 SM. But regardless, he is going to be big. Not a pick I would make for a CE bull.
iz7yq9.jpg

315lh5c.jpg

Nice big calf Ron. Looks like he is getting close to 200 already!

I was talking to the SS rep yesterday about War Party, he said his calves come small from him so maybe the dam had some to do with it?

very nice looking bull calf, for sure!

Ron, are you shooting for 1/4 Sim; 3/4 Angus calves? I have a few Sim/Angus, but have always tried to keep 50/50 or higher Sim. To each his own, and in this case...the "proof is in the pudding" as he is certainly a nice one! He almost looks like his hair has been blocked for show. I like momma too..!

Gators Rule":3o43h5h3 said:
very nice looking bull calf, for sure!

Ron, are you shooting for 1/4 Sim; 3/4 Angus calves? I have a few Sim/Angus, but have always tried to keep 50/50 or higher Sim. To each his own, and in this case...the "proof is in the pudding" as he is certainly a nice one! He almost looks like his hair has been blocked for show. I like momma too..!

My goal is 50/50. I need to plan my breeding. His hair looks like that because I brushed tick burrs from his coat with a fine comb before the pics. This calf is extremely, extremely fearless. He is no more concerned about Blue and I than he is another cow. Maybe because I handled him (picked him up and weighed him at birth) at birth and he is partially imprinted on me.

I like his momma. She is very docile, too.

Thanks for the nice comments.

being around them lots in the first couple hours makes a big difference in their attitudes later on.. Of course if momma is always scolding them when they come around you that's going to influence them too.

Very nice Ron, now what are you going to do with all these nice calves you are producing. Things just seem to progress from here. I bought some top females to produce some nice cows for myself and then I found I had some nice bull calves as well then I started to look for some avenue to sell the bulls and before I knew it I was in the bull selling business.
Ken

wbvs58":32cf9h6z said:
Very nice Ron, now what are you going to do with all these nice calves you are producing. Things just seem to progress from here. I bought some top females to produce some nice cows for myself and then I found I had some nice bull calves as well then I started to look for some avenue to sell the bulls and before I knew it I was in the bull selling business.
Ken

That is a question I have not sorted out. :D I am keeping Linus a bull and guess what? I am finding managing him presents issues that add to my operation. Now I got this big baby. I hate to neuter these nice males. :(

Latest posts