Wagyu f1 using black angus

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":1yw9rpmj said:
gaurus - those steaks are beyond belief... I'm at a loss for words! WOW

They come from Matsuzaka Wagyu 4-5 year old virgin cows, cows produced the most marbling followed by steers, but on Matsuzaka they only produce Tajima Black Cows for the beef industry(they don't breed any cattle in Matsuzaka, they purchased the Heifers at the Hyogo Prefecture).

img10591545353.jpg

img10143226911.jpg

wagyu-bms-12.png

b9b0f0ba07de55bfbfebc4ba04668464.jpg

1412851043361_wps_31_Kobe_Beef_jpeg.jpg

gaurus":1ep1p3rn said:
cfpinz":1ep1p3rn said:
Most conversations regarding wagyu start off with something along the lines of: "Well they look like sh*t, but..."

That is true, they look like crap on the outside but.... they look delicious on the inside. :cboy:

gP8ONUa.jpg

5073962ac0c49.image.jpg
Looks like fatty brisket to me. Isn;t something I would want to eat. I want marbling with my meat not a little meat with my marbling

dun":nhbd60fb said:
Looks like fatty brisket to me. Isn;t something I would want to eat. I want marbling with my meat not a little meat with my marbling

Be curious to throw one on the grill and see how much it melts - before and after weights would be interesting.

Dun,
I agree that looks like too much of a good thing. The "muscle" almost looks like pork it is so pink.. I would not eat something like that.

cfpinz":3p8yfub3 said:
I want marbling with my meat not a little meat with my marbling
As one of my friend would say That is "Fat Marbled with Beef", I have been told that you can only eat about 1/4 of a pound at most before the flavor is too much.. I am fattening up a Jersey steer to taste the "buttery beef" flavor people say they produce... :cboy:

Think I want a little more beef with my fat too. But as SD says, if they are paying that good a price...

I really like my jersey beef, they are a little "sweeter" tasting beef and if finished do get a fair amount of marbling and I always find them to be tender.

farmerjan":e5ndf3uf said:
I really like my jersey beef, they are a little "sweeter" tasting beef and if finished do get a fair amount of marbling and I always find them to be tender.
Do you have a picture of a Jersey beef cut showing how they marble? I've been told they are the second most marbling breed second only to Wagyu... :cboy:

We will be buying a fullblood bull this year to use on our heifers. The calving ease of the BLACKS is about like using a Corriente, with carcass quality that is second to none. The breeder is close to us, and we'll more than likely be selling calves back to him that we don't keep ourselves either to process or breed.

Some things turn out to be fads, and some things revolutionize industries. I know firsthand that breeders are keen on improving growth and feed efficiency, which are the two biggest faults in Wagyu. I think the breed already has pretty good legs to stand on, but if they can start improving those two things then Angus is going to have some serious competition.

Sorry, don't have any pictures, almost all of it is gone, will have some more to go in March and will try to remember to take some pictures, but will have to find a digital camera to take them since I don't have one and I have a VERY old fashioned flip phone. We grass finish so they don't have the same marbling as a grain finished one but I will honestly see if I can get some pictures.

How about Tajima x Akaushi cross? Akaushi line in the USA have good muscling and grade better than Angus in marbling(Akaushi red wagyu), and the cross will be all black(Black is where the moneys at).
home-bg.jpg

Latest posts