Viruses....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just announced here that hospitals will go back to normal surgeries, I did not catch all the details, but...

It has flattened and track and trace is working.

The time we have locked down has enabled getting all the ppe etc in place it seems.

But were also being told we will be locked down a long time, also, no intl travel etc, we heavily rely on this.

Fed says schools are open and have been, but states tell people to keep kids home, Taiwan had schools open and near no deaths, so schools are not a prob it would seem.

haase said:
Then stick your head in the sand, and keep it there, no one cares, keep putting your copy and paste crap like you always have done, have you lost a member to covid, guess I have according to your expertise, there are certain ways to do things in a responsible way, its your state to figure out the way to do it, its political now and has been for a while, oh yea , hope china reaps the benefits of this, dont think so, but being the most resilient country the Us, we will move forward

That is terrible, sorry to hear that and that no one could be there at that time.

It has been a real problem in aged care everywhere.

I have an ill relative as well, I do not think they will make it through this period, but our current laws allow us to see them as they are at home, funerals however are restricted.

Thanks Greggy, it was a bad deal, l felt so bad for my wife, really not knowing how much not having a normal funeral or not even be able to see her the last month of her life, but she dealt with it and I'm proud of her, glad for the experts on here that have it figured out, or if they dont they have someone to blame it on.

Caustic Burno said:
greybeard said:
Caustic Burno said:
I really pity you.
It must be horrible to be that scared.
How many American families have you picked out to suffer because of your fear. You have 22 million unemployed currently headed for depression.
How much poverty, crime and death is that going to cause?
You won't answer anyone else's questions but expect them to answer the Great Caustic's new questions?
How does that work CB?

Keep trying with the scary accusation thing tho. Take a lot more than you can ever muster to get under my skin.

Beginning Monday all approx 3 million Walmart/Sams Club employees nationwide have to wear masks.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/18/coronavirus-prevention-walmart-requiring-employees-wear-face-masks/5158840002/

The employee policy is for U.S. stores, clubs, distribution and fulfillment centers, and corporate offices, according to the letter written by Walmart U.S. president and CEO John Furner and Sam's Club CEO Kath McLay
At least someone cares about their fellow man. A move in the right direction imo. They, like any reasonable person knows, that there is no flattening of the curve...yet.

There is nothing to answer other than your ramblings. The country is opening up whether you like or not, it's that simple. This media circus would make P.T. Barnum proud.
So as the country reopen's without your permission or those that believe the government is the answer feel free to self quarantine.
Rest assured you can still contact your local, state, or federal representative with your concerns. I am sure they will give it their full attention.

You are getting very personal to GB, Caustic. I am surprised that Mod2 hasn't stepped in here. Our friend Ron got banned for a lot less.

Ken

Subtle Ken I like how you work.

A vaccine is a pipe dream so keeping it shut down waiting on that won't work. I would venture to guess that given the poor testing and uncontrolled run it had in the beginning you have more herd immunity than you think even now. Isolating the strain that is lethal and coming up with an effective treatment is the only shot you have at this point. Believe me when I tell you you can't believe any numbers you see and testing is less than reliable. I think a ban on country to country travel is certainly prudent and doable for quite some time but each country within its own borders needs to start figuring out how to get back after it.

Two other items for thought the countries praised for their control of it have been thru very similar outbreaks in recent years and so are more prepared. They also have a population previously thinned of those prone to respiratory infections of this type.

SmokinM said:
A vaccine is a pipe dream so keeping it shut down waiting on that won't work. I would venture to guess that given the poor testing and uncontrolled run it had in the beginning you have more herd immunity than you think even now. Isolating the strain that is lethal and coming up with an effective treatment is the only shot you have at this point. Believe me when I tell you you can't believe any numbers you see and testing is less than reliable. I think a ban on country to country travel is certainly prudent and doable for quite some time but each country within its own borders needs to start figuring out how to get back after it.

Two other items for thought the countries praised for their control of it have been thru very similar outbreaks in recent years and so are more prepared. They also have a population previously thinned of those prone to respiratory infections of this type.

Yeah, waiting for a vac while heavily locked down is not a plan IMO, however, we def wong have herd immunity down here......

No country to country travel, for a country like ours that produces squat relies on asian travel and students is stuffed in this env.

Many asian countries are far better prepared than us or US, only because they take it seriously IMO, nothing else, they are not smarter or harder workers or anything, it just exposes our lax attitude cause we dodged a few bullets do not eat weird stuff from markets like outbreaks come from.

greggy said:
SmokinM said:

Yeah, waiting for a vac while heavily locked down is not a plan IMO, however, we def wong have herd immunity down here......

No country to country travel, for a country like ours that produces squat relies on asian travel and students is stuffed in this env.

Many asian countries are far better prepared than us or US, only because they take it seriously IMO, nothing else, they are not smarter or harder workers or anything, it just exposes our lax attitude cause we dodged a few bullets do not eat weird stuff from markets like outbreaks come from.

Or the virology labs for that matter...

Americans are a different breed. Working, advancement and achievement is in our DNA. Something snowkflakes and many other countries don't understand. Let's get this country rolling!

The best thing we can do for now is stay at home and watch out for any symptoms. Not all with cough and cold are infected with the virus. It could be an allergy coz the weather is changing and it is common. Take vitamin c regularly and wash your hands frequently.

We are not like other countries period, folks want to compare our economy today like it was during ww2, it's not even close, so save you're breath, we have to be careful on this one , but let's have some common sense play in the decision to getting things going again, certain areas are different than others, play it out accordingly, if you're states govenor cant figure it out, then he probably shouldn't have been elected, but when has that ever mattered.

Richnm said:
Americans are a different breed. Working, advancement and achievement is in our DNA. Something snowkflakes and many other countries don't

Um, yeah, copy that loud and clear x 10.

Did you hear the part about virus has no respect, nor lack of, nor care if your white, yellow, black etc........

I say lets roll too, but not at any cost.

I think we all must be close, but, wait....we do not produce much, uncle Sam can send us a chq instead of Iran or n kureeera pls :D

PS give us guns again before calling snow flakes...kkk ? :tiphat:

nimblebowls said:
The best thing we can do for now is stay at home and watch out for any symptoms. Not all with cough and cold are infected with the virus. It could be an allergy coz the weather is changing and it is common. Take vitamin c regularly and wash your hands frequently.

Nah....cant really stay at home ad nauseum....govt has to get money from somewhere to pay our cheques.

I love the irony of simultaneously using "snowflake" as an insult while claiming that Americans can't stay in quarantine because we're special and not like other countries.

Buck Randall said:
I love the irony of simultaneously using "snowflake" as an insult while claiming that Americans can't stay in quarantine because we're special and not like other countries.

Buck ..... your full of ****. You twist words more than anyone who's ever been in here.

Fwiw Americans in general do come from a pedigree of hardheaded rebellious types. With a long history of doing what we want be damned the consequences. It's kinda how this country started..Thankfully our ancestors didn't piz down their leg every time the sniffles went around. Thankfully they didn't go sit in the corner Everytime government said so.

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:

Buck ..... your full of be nice. You twist words more than anyone who's ever been in here.

Fwiw Americans in general do come from a pedigree of hardheaded rebellious types. With a long history of doing what we want be damned the consequences. It's kinda how this country started..Thankfully our ancestors didn't piz down their leg every time the sniffles went around. Thankfully they didn't go sit in the corner Everytime government said so.

I didn't have to do any twisting. Read Rich's post.

I can think of at least one instance where we would all have been better off if those hardheaded rebellious types from the South had gone and sat in the corner when the government said so... :lol2:

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:

Buck ..... your full of be nice. You twist words more than anyone who's ever been in here.

I can think of at least one instance where we would all have been better off if those hardheaded rebellious types from the South had gone and sat in the corner when the government said so... :lol2:

See you don't know your history. If it wasn't for those rebillious types and the industry they created, this country would have probably failed. The war was a required evil to get things on a different track. But the track to there was built by what the war was about....over your head scooter....I invite anyone to read Rich's post his words and yours are different... your counterfeit

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:

See you don't know your history. If it wasn't for those rebillious types and the industry they created, this country would have probably failed. The war was a required evil to get things on a different track. But the track to there was built by what the war was about....over your head scooter....I invite anyone to read Rich's post his words and yours are different... your counterfeit
I know my history quite well, and was taught in places where nobody felt it necessary to justify the cause of the losing side.

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:

I know my history quite well, and was taught in places where nobody felt it necessary to justify the cause of the losing side.

Lol you are dense... nobody justified anything.
It's just the facts scooter...you keep on ignoring the facts and I'm sure you can convince yourself of anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts