Viruses....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
See you don't know your history. If it wasn't for those rebillious types and the industry they created, this country would have probably failed. The war was a required evil to get things on a different track. But the track to there was built by what the war was about....over your head scooter....I invite anyone to read Rich's post his words and yours are different... your counterfeit
I know my history quite well, and was taught in places where nobody felt it necessary to justify the cause of the losing side.

Lol you are dense... nobody justified anything.
It's just the facts scooter...you keep on ignoring the facts and I'm sure you can convince yourself of anything...

What is calling the civil war a "required evil" if not justification? Slavery could have ended without war; some hardheaded rebellious types refused.

Buck Randall said:
I love the irony of simultaneously using "snowflake" as an insult while claiming that Americans can't stay in quarantine because we're special and not like other countries.
Richnm said:
Americans are a different breed. Working, advancement and achievement is in our DNA. Something snowkflakes and many other countries don't understand. Let's get this country rolling!

Here's the two post side by side.
If that's not twisting a statement.... well. That's just what it is. If you can't argue honest shut up.

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
I know my history quite well, and was taught in places where nobody felt it necessary to justify the cause of the losing side.

It's just the facts scooter...you keep on ignoring the facts and I'm sure you can convince yourself of anything...

What is calling the civil war a "required evil" if not justification? Slavery could have ended without war; some hardheaded rebellious types refused.
There was nothing altruistic about any of them but power. Ole Abe's plan for the slaves wasn't that good either.
His was to rid the country of a them by shipping them off.
He only issued the proclamation to create a hardship on the south.
He didn't give a hoot or holler about the slave.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation
Better study your history Buck if the Democratic Party hadn't fractured into 3 conventions running three candidates ole Abe would have never got in.
This wasn't about slavery but power go back and study your Missouri Comprise.

Caustic Burno said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:

There was nothing altruistic about any of them but power. Ole Abe's plan for the slaves wasn't that good either.
His was to rid the country of a them by shipping them off.
He only issued the proclamation to create a hardship on the south.
He didn't give a hoot or holler about the slave.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation
Better study your history Buck if the Democratic Party hadn't fractured into 3 conventions running three candidates ole Abe would have never got in.
This wasn't about slavery but power go back and study your Missouri Comprise.
I never said anything complimentary of Abe's intentions on election day. In all reality, if the South hadn't seceded, he would have probably kicked the can down the road and be considered a failed president like his immediate predecessors.

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
I love the irony of simultaneously using "snowflake" as an insult while claiming that Americans can't stay in quarantine because we're special and not like other countries.
Richnm said:
Americans are a different breed. Working, advancement and achievement is in our DNA. Something snowkflakes and many other countries don't understand. Let's get this country rolling!

If that's not twisting a statement.... well. That's just what it is. If you can't argue honest shut up.
Not sure why you're so fired up when I wasn't addressing you in the first place. I think we might be operating with different definitions of the word "snowflake". Have you seen fight club?

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Rich said "Americans are a different breed" then used the term "snowflake" as an insult. Do you see the irony? That's all I meant. Let it go.

callmefence said:
Redgully said:
Come on guys, the world is teetering on collapse with the U.S. and China in shut down, lets not add another civil war to the mix.

You best pick a side red.......

Fence, we have a few on here that seem to have picked China's side in this. I don't think Redgully is in that camp.

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
Richnm said:

Not sure why you're so fired up when I wasn't addressing you in the first place. I think we might be operating with different definitions of the word "snowflake". Have you seen fight club?

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Rich said "Americans are a different breed" then used the term "snowflake" as an insult. Do you see the irony? That's all I meant. Let it go.

Your still doing it. Rich said Americans are a different breed and snowflakes and other countries don't understand that.....
You twisted his words to take a cheap shot.
And there's nothing ironic about.
Your a ankle biter, you want me to let it go...do what's right.

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:

Your still doing it. Rich said Americans are a different breed and snowflakes and other countries don't understand that.....
Rich posted that Americans are a different breed, i.e. special or unique. A "snowflake" is a person who thinks they are special or unique. I'm not sure what more I can do for you.

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:

Rich posted that Americans are a different breed, i.e. special or unique. A "snowflake" is a person who thinks they are special or unique. I'm not sure what more I can do for you.

A Angus is a different breed than a charlois. Both are special and unique in different ways.
A snowflake believe s the world owes it something for being special and unique.
You need anything else scooter.???

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:

A Angus is a different breed than a charlois. Both are special and unique in different ways.
Now who is twisting words? I used the source material for snowflake. You made up that definition.

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:

Now who is twisting words? I used the source material for snowflake. You made up that definition.

Your twisting words. If I used the incorrect definition, that means my words are incorrect.

I didn't take your words and change or rearrange them. Big difference

And in the context rich used I would speculate he was referring to the snowflake generation.

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:

Your twisting words. If I used the incorrect definition, that means my words are incorrect.

I couldn't understand your reaction to my original post, so I tried explaining how I interpreted Rich's post to see if that would change the way you read it. That's all.

I've been googling "snowflake" and I found sources that support both of our definitions, so clearly different people can have different understandings of it. Nobody has to twist words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=452XjnaHr1A

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:

I couldn't understand your reaction to my original post, so I tried explaining how I interpreted Rich's post to see if that would change the way you read it. That's all.

I've been googling "snowflake" and I found sources that support both of our definitions, so clearly different people can have different understandings of it. Nobody has to twist words.

It has nothing to do with snowflake...
You changed and rearranged his statement which wasn't insulting to anyone. In fact maybe inspirational....to take a cheap shot...anklebiter

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:

You changed and rearranged his statement which wasn't insulting to anyone. In fact maybe inspirational....to take a cheap shot...anklebiter

I'm pretty sure when Rich calls people snowflakes he isn't using it as a term of affection, but I can't read his mind, I guess.

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:

I'm pretty sure when Rich calls people snowflakes he isn't using it as a term of affection, but I can't read his mind, I guess.

Nobody said anything about affection.....you can't stop can you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts